cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.6C with Linux Red Hat 4.5 x86_64 and Oracle 10.2 RAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We will go to make the Heterogeneous System Copy of SAP 4.6C in AIX and Oracle 8.1.7.4 to Linux Red Hat 4.5 x86_64 and Oracle 10.2 RAC/GRID.

We analize the note 105047 and not find none limitation to use the OCFS2 with LVM of Linux Red Hat, but the some consultants of Oracle Brazil We information that OCFS2 can't work with LVM.

I need to know that can use space disk directly allocated in the LUN storage.

In case that this is not possible, please inform me the best practice for creation of it OCFS2 filesystem in Linux x86_64.

Can You help me with this doubt ?

Another doubt is with version of Oracle Clusterware ... Do You know What version We can to work in this environment ?

Can You help me please ?

Regards,

Alexandre Benini

HP Brazil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

did you begin the implementation?

do u need any thing else regarding your 10gRAC implementation on Linux?

Barthez

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note

527843 - Oracle RAC support in the SAP environment

1113184 - OCFS2 useful tips

The first note will tell you what OCFS version are supported, second note will give you some links how to install and configure OCFS.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Do You have some documentation about installation of SAP R/3 4.6C with Oracle 10g RAC in Unix (Linux) ?

Regards,

Alexandre Benini

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember there was a documentation about setting that up under http://service.sap.com/ha - however, SAP seems to move everything, that is older than NW 2004 to the recycle bin (or at least inaccessible for customers) - so I can't help you specifically with 4.6c. There are, however, documentations at that place for NW2004+ based system, they may or may not apply because 4.6c was set up using R3SETUP and successor versions with sapinst.

Please also note, that 4.6c is (long) out of maintenance - so you may be on your own here...

I just found a usefull link here on SDN: [original link is broken] where you can find "SAP NetWeaver with Oracle 10g R2 RAC (UNIX & Linux)".

Additionally to install 4.6c on Linux x86_64 with Oracle 10g you need the following note/patches:

816145 - Installation 4.6C SR2 on Linux x86_64 with Oracle

939406 - System Copy 4.0B - 4.6C to Linux x86_64

946141 - Inst. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 10.2 with R3SETUP

Before you start, make sure you have a valid extended maintenance contract and for the migration itself you need a certified migration consultant on site, otherwise you will loose support (http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration).

Apart from that it should be smooth - and it will run as hell in sense of speed

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot !!!

Do You know if the manager and distribution of the requests of SAP is make for Oracle RAC (RCS) ? and as this functions ?

Regards,

Alexandre Benini

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what your question is here.

RAC is (IMHO) in controlled availibility so you need contact SAP though to get support.

I suggest opening an OSS call under BC-OP-LNX and ask the people there what is the procedure for this.

Markus