field2

<Addetional Record>1....n

field1

field2

<batch Total>1.1

field1

field2

<File Trailer> 1.1

My requirment is I have to count the number of 'detail record" and "additional record' for a particular bacth. And there is no key field in addtional record on the basis of that i can correlate the "addtional record" with a particular batch.

this Detail record and additional record can repeat for a single batch and further batches can repeat.

File can contain multiple batchs, and one single batch can cotain multiple Detail and addtional record

I need to read flat file on sender side and need to do FCC for the above structure.

Can any body please tell me how can i achieve this.

Thanks

Sachin Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sachin

yes u can have the records counted but per batch either using a udf or by using count fucntion cpoupled with other nodes functions like splitbyvalue etc. if u want only the total number of batches with conditions not set on a particular batch the node funtion COUNT wll alone do. since u need WRT particualr bactch u can opt either of the way. since u dont have key field to identify the 'additional record' WRT a particular batch it will not possible to match the coresponding 'additional record' for a particular batch and also count function cannot be used here.

prabhu

Answers (0)