Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use proxy to send TXT file (FTP)

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I know it's possible to send a xml message by FTP using a proxy (called in an ABAP program). This is very easy.

I also know that it's possible to send TXT files cyclicly (every hour, for example) for FTP, using XI (or PI) as a FTP server.

What i don't know is that if it's possible to use a proxy, in an ABAP program, to send non xml files by FTP.

Is it? How can i do it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your Scenario plz? and what do you mean by non xml? Is ther any exact format that you want?

Regards,

Sarvesh

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarvesh.

Thanks for the reply.

What I need is to create an ABAP program to send a csv file, using ftp, to a customer ftp server.

Is this possible? I always used XI proxies to send only xml messages ... to send txt files by ftp, I used XI as an ftp adapter as i mentioned (not in an ABAP program).

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valter,

According to this:

What I need is to create an ABAP program to send a csv file, using ftp, to a customer ftp server.

You mean to say, that you will not be using XI as a middleware. You will directly send the CSV file by FTP to customer's FTP server. (I got confused?????)

And if you will be using XI, then you can not escape from converting it into XML and then FCC to convert it into csv.

Best way to use outbound proxy.

Correct me, if I understood anythig wrong as per your ques.

Regards,

Sarvesh

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

No, the idea is to use XI to send the csv file as an assyn message but i think this is not possible. Proxies always uses xml parser right?

If I can't do this, I can always schedulle a FTP sender channel to go to the directory and send it, but the idea was to use a proxy to do ti.

You mentioned "if you will be using XI, then you can not escape from converting it into XML and then FCC to convert it into csv."

How can i do this? Can i create a xml structure in the sender channel and convert it to csv in the receiver?

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

you can send the csv files as an attachment...

In SOAP messages we can send any kind of file as an attachment.

Please refer this blog by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Regards

Amitanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct.

What you will do according to me is:

1. Crate the data type in IR.

2. Create an outbound proxy to send the data to XI.

3. No need of Sender Communication Channel.

4. In Receiver CC use FCC to conver it into csv.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (0)