cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value for Entry list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I'm populating a DD box Through a dynamic entry list. Is there a way to, let's say, take the first value of the entry list and put it as a Default?

I'm using VC 7.0 with SP 13.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Motty,

You can set the dropdown's Default Value property. Nite that this value should be one of the possible values the entry list will eventually hold. You can't have a default value that's not going to be one of the returned values...

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i dont know the value yet because it's dynamic.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would add a method to your service or create another service that generates what the default should be. Of course the default value should be one of the values generated for the list. Seems like a pain I know. They should have an option to have it automatically default to the 1st dynamic Entry. So wrong..

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this pain in the a** way to solve the problem. I just thought that there may be a way that i'm not aware of. Sometimes i'm still naive thinking that S.A.P will someday release a software without such annoying bugs.

I've noticed that even in the Wiki, they erased the answer to this subjet..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Motty,

We will add this request to the feature request list. We will try to implement this in one of our future versions.

Thanks

David