cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a BSP application in ABAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is there any chance that i can call a BSP application from WEBDYNPRO.

regards

Nalinikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

My question was about WD to WD application.

Is it possible to pass different datatypes other than String or TIHTTPNVP.

In the blog, it is described about BSP to WD using cookies.

Will reward for the suitable answer.

Sankar

Whether it is WD to WD

or to WD to BSP, from webdynpro side we can pass only String or TIHTTPNVP types. Is there any alternative for other types?

Edited by: Sankar R on Jan 8, 2008 4:47 AM

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your initial question was between BSP & WD. In any case you can pass any data types apart of TIHTTPNVP.

Raja T

0 Kudos

Hi Raja Thangamani,

Could you please provide the steps how to use BSP application data in webdynpro abap application.

Thanks in Advance.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have one more question regarding the communication between two webdynpro applications using the suspend and resume plugs.

The parameters for the suspend/resume plugs must be either of type STRING or of type TIHTTPNVP. TIHTTPNVP can contain only name and value which are again of type string.

So does it mean that we cannot pass/receive any other types to/from another application except string values?

Thanks,

Sankar

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you refer the blog which I mentioned? Follow the steps mentioned in the blog, you can pass any data types between BSP & WDA.

Reward each useful answer

Raja T

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this Blog:

[Pass data between WDA & BSP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5120] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I'm not able to see any link for a blog here. Could you please put that here again. I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Gourishankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Thanks to you all who gave some inputs on this. I kept the BSP URL link to be called in the IFRAME control. As of now i see this suits to my business requirements later on i need to check what challenges more i have to handle.

But i have one more question requesting your thoughts. If i have to pass on table of results to BSP and get back a result set from BSP back to my web dynpro application, how can i do it. Any thoughts to share.

regards

Nalinikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal/ Pankaj,

I have one question regarding this.

The usage of the UI element link "link to URL" is pretty much understandable to call a stanalone application.

Whereas the usage of suspend and resume plugs, how does it work for BSP applications? For two WD components we can connect the plugs and it works.

As I do not know about BSP, does it have in/out plugs like WD components?

If so how to create the navigation link for this.

Please explain.

Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I think u want to call a bsp application through some webdynpro application .

So its actually very easy.

Webdynpro has one element link to url.

just use that elemnt and by using tht element u can call any bsp application.

If u want then i can send i the value of the properties tht u r suppose to give.

regards

pankaj giri

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fc/501b42b5815133e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

and search Suspend and Resume Calls in the left under Advance concept .

Hope this will help u.

regards

Yash