cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set required fields in business partner

Former Member

Hi all

I have a requirement to make certain fields within SAP business partner madatory for entry on creation.

I can do this with most of them by going to the IMG route Cross-Application Components-SAP Business Partner-Business Partner-Basic Settings-Field Groupings-Configure Field Attributes per Activity.

However, I cannot make some of the fields mandatory which I require. For example, I need to make some of the customer groups (KNVV-KVGR2 for example) a required field, but this entry does not exist in the table.

Any ideas?

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hello, friend.

if you want to set certain fields (say, in a customer master) as mandatory, you can try this:

IMG > LOGISTICS GENERAL > BUSINESS PARTNER > CUSTOMERS > CONTROL > Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers

once inside, select the Account Group.

once inside the Account Group, double click on either General Data, Company Code Data or Sales Area Data.

once further inside one of the above, choose a line item from "Select Group" by double clicking. you will be brought to the next screen where you can set whether a particular field will be -

SUPPRESS

REQ. ENTRY

OPT. ENTRY

DISPLAY

hope this helped. reward if yes.

thanks and regards.

jty

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor

15 years lapsed and this solution still works and is the correct one. I used this for Suppliers.

Thanks,

Sijin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

This is not possible from the standard.

Only via a modification of the screen and the screen flow.

or as written above using a screen variant

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using a transaction variant (T-Code SHD0).

krishnaswamy_kumaraswamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi do try

spro-> financial accounting ->amount recivable and amout payable-> customer accounts

-master data-->

-

>prepration for creating customer master data

define account group with screen layout

there you can make it has required field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - this is helpful, and this allows a few fields to be made mandatory. Howver, my 'customer group 2' field is not available here.

Jon

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

You are true that the field customer group2 is there available in the path mentioned. You only have to enable this by means of a user exit for customer master.