cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts!!!!

What is an open purchase orders....where it will effects.

could u plz expalin in detail with configuratiion steps..

Thanks and regards

suneel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Open Purchase order can be a newly created purchase order or a Pending purchase order for which goods are not delivered or delivered partially. (i.e., goods still to be delivered for that purchase order is called as Open PO)

And there is NO seperate configuration is required for this, but the configuration is same as for the available purchase documents (like can be NB, UB, FO) in SAP R/3.

Configuration steps as follows: >>> (for PO)

In Disply IMG > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order >

> Define Number ranges for PO

then

> Assign Number ranges to the PO documents (such as NB, UB & FO)

Process steps: >>> (PO processing)

then create a PO using ME21N

Go to Status on Header

and you can observe the status online (i mean the stock ordered and delivered, if the PO quantity is delivered partially or not delivered, then we can treat that PO is an Open PO)

I think you got it,

Reward, if it clarifies you,

Wish You Happy New Year 2008

Have a good day,

Regards,

Srin.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suneel,

Open Purchase Order Qty is the diffrence between PO Qty & Delivered Qty ( GR Qty).

Effect of Open PO Qty is that your particular PO will remain Open unless entire Qty as per PO is not received.

However in SAP you have a choice of setting delivery complete indicator in PO even if partial Qty is received against PO .In this case open Qty will show Zero.

I hope this is useful.Please reward points,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

open purchase order means, we created the purchase order and against that PO no goods reciept was done.

follow the link:

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

hope this may help you,

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No configuration reqd follow SAP standard.

Go to ME2N,ME2M transaction and select WE103 in selection parameters it displays pending delivery from vendor / material or open delivery

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have raised Purchase order on a vendor. If the material is not supplied to that or partially supplied then the Purchase order is still open.

No seperate config.

Reward if useful.

Regards

edwin