cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party application to sap r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

First of all wish u all a very happy and enjoying new year.

Here i would like to take ur views.

1.As our java people want some data from r/3 system.

like they will be sending a material no and want to have some details regarding that,

2.if the sent material is not found then they need a error mgs.

Friends ,i thinking to go for a SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario where i will be using the BAPI_Material_get _detail.

And i am really helples regarding the error message.

So pls Dear one let me know what all can be done to do this.

All the effort will be greately appreciated.

thx,

jeevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

Soap sender is fine but the performance of RFC receiver is not that good.

You can copy the same standard bapi and customize it by either including a fault type or adding one more export parameter which can catch the exact exception in case of any errors.

Again, you can use the RFC receiver adapter for the customized bapi.

But for better performance I would suggest to compose the customized FM to webservice and use soap receiver adapter instead of RFC.

I know if you will use proxy the performance would be best but this approach will save ur development effort.

Regards,

Amitanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fault message is one of the method by which u can do the same. But have u gonr through the answer which I have mentioned becuase in my previuos project we have the same requirement and we have go with the same solution which is provided by me.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag..

thx alot i will try

really thx alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai friends,,,,,,

i think i got enough help to implement the scenario..i will follow all ur suggestions and will do that or else again..the same come to sdn for help..

special thx to biplab, chirag,amitanshu......

i am awarding points...anyway points are not enough for ur help..

thx

bye

jeevan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use RFC lookup for getting data from R/3 or getting some details corresponding to material no in ur case.

For error handling,u can use ABAP mapping here..

refer

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-from-any-type-of-mapping

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anoop,

I m in training and i really never worked with lookups and ABAP mapping..

cannt it be done using graphical mapping..

pls give me detailed solution...

thx a lot for ur efforts.

jeevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

u have to implement fault message for that.

And in this case i will suggest u to go with SAOP to Proxy.

It will be better with proxy.In the inbound proxy u have to call the FM(where u need to define the exceptions).When u will create the proxy a fault class will be generated.

The mentioned class is the exception class which will be used in the inbound proxy code for the exception raise.

u have to write the code in implementation class.

see this blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why to go for SOAP scenario.

You can simply achieve this using the BPM. You scenario will be file will have material no and which is send to R3 system now R3 system will call that FM and get the required material details and send response back to BPM and the out will be in file format.

Now the main part come validation. In this case u first need to check the material no from the R3 system if material no is present then fetch the material details from R3 if it is not present then rasie an alert saying that material no is not present.

Or u can create ur own function module at R3 and check the material no if its there then pass the material details to XI.

Follow the below weblog for the same:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Also u need to raise an alert message if material no is not found for that u need to follow the alert configuration part.

Alert:

For raising an alert you need to first configure the alert please follow the below weblog written by Michal Krawczyk

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Configuration steps are: go to transaction ALRTCATDEF

1) Define Alert Category

2) Create container elements which are used for holding an error messages.

3) Recipient Determination.

Alert can be triggered in different ways.

1) Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Hope this will help you.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for the reply biplab,

ok fault messages..actually i never worked with fault messages ....anyways i will try for that .

do i need to write any abap coding there....

any other ways to do this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jeevan,

yes u have code for that.

It has been seen that Fault message is the best solution in cases like urs.

I will sujjest ..just give a try with Falut messsage.. u can learn a lot...

u have to write the code in implemenation class..

the implementation class will call the FM.(yes u have to create a FM also.. where u have define all exception u want).

FM will inturn rasie exceptions .

first u learn proxy( if u don't know about proxy)..then go for Fault message implementation

Regards'

Biplab