cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Upload Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

We are using SRM 5.0 version and is Extended Classic Scenario.

I have to upload 400 contracts. For that i am using the option from the frontend URL Contract management --> Upload Contracts. Over there since i did not had any flat file format i have downloaded already manually created contract as a flat file format. With that Excel file i have made required changes and when trying to upload the changed excel file, i am getting the following error "File format not Supported".

I am totally new to this contract upload. Can anyone please help me in this issue. I even dont know whether the process i am following is correct or not. Help in this regard will really be apprecated. Points will be surly rewarded.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohit.N.Parmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

uploading / downloading is quite uncomfortable function.

A good note explaining the usage is OSS 790860. In OSS 734060 a basic Excel View Macro is available enabling basic easier down-/uploads. Restrictions within 5.0 are mentioned in OSS 859049.

The document is downloaded by the system in a tab separated format and must also be uploaded in this format again. Ensure that the initial format is not changed when you save the document.

Additionally check if you use a Unicode system. In a Unicode system, documents are always downloaded in Unicode (UTF16 LE BOM=FFFE) and must be uploaded again in the same Unicode. Ensure that you select Unicode as the file type when you save the document from an external program (such as Excel). In MS Excel, this file type is already proposed when you save.

Have a look at 1090251 as well 904884 depending on your support level.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

In case you are using R/3 backend you can upload the contracts using a report instead of using a flat file.

In SRM using SA38 / SE38 transaction execute the report

BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD

This will upload all the existing contracts in R/3 to SRM.

Hope this resolves your issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks for the reply, but i dont have the scenario of uploading the contract from R/3. This are the new contracts that has to be uploaded directly to the SRM. We are maintaining the Contracts only in SRM, but not in R/3.

The client will provide with the contract details and we need to upload it to SRM.

Now my question is what is the procedure to upload the new contract which are not there in R/3? I know a way from Frontend URL option called Contract management --> Upload Contracts. Can you please guide me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

Mohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

In case of the upload of contracts using flat file you need to develop a custom executable programme (Z program)

Please discuss with your ABAPer in this regard.

Rgds,

Teja