cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run Solution Manager Diagnostic in txn DSWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In txn DSWP, I click Goto-Solution Manager Diagnostics, the browser is launched with this address:

http:<hostname>:8000/smd

However, it says "Page cannot be displayed"

I have checked that the its services in txn SCIF are activated. I can see HTTP Port 8000 service running in SMICM.

http:<hostname>:50000/smd is running fine.

Does someone has a clue where could have gone wrong?

Points will be rewarded for any helpful answer.

Thanks.

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your instance number?

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instance Number is 00.

Does this matter?

Regards,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Try with instance 01.

Also, check the firewall settings, Port should be open to communicate.

I hope this resolve your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The problem is solved. SAP advised me to run report RSOLDIAG_CONFIG and change the port to 50000 that runs well for me. Port 8000 is not working for me probably due to our firewall settings(confirmed by our network administrator). However, my doubt is: is Port 8000 or 50000 the default port for SMD or changing port is the workaround fix.

Thanks for your responese.

Regards,

Annie

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends if you want to use the port of the message server (80xx) or directly the dispatcher one (5xxxx). For the URL.

There is no impacts for the diagnotics as this is only the UI which is called here.

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frederic.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While doing setup of diagnostic. each and every links open up with port 8000.

but SMD works fine with 50000 port.

Any help ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Check your proxy settings, we were faced same problem after configuration of SM.

The "Page cannot be displayed" is problem of network, You need to check & correct the network settings(Proxy setting) for this.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Which proxy setting are you refering to? The one in the browser? Or there is one in Solution Manager?

If it is the browser, then it should not be the cause as this is a local address, it should bypass the proxy server.

Regards,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

I am talking about the proxy server in your browser.

Enter the hostname.domain.ext in Exceptions, I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately this is not working. However, I begin to suspect it is due to the firewall.

I refer to the 'Root Cause Analysis Installation and Upgrade Guide" section 5.8 Required TCP ports.

I don't understand when it says "It is recommended to place the SAP Solution Manager within the same subnet or DMZ of your managed landscape."? Does that mean Solution Manager is to be in the same subnet as DMZ?

I have the tendency to believe this might be the cause.

Are you able to tell me if you did anything to the DMZ? Or simply just activate the port 8000 in firewall?

Thanks!

Regards,

Annie