cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Select Bill to Party in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I'm trying to find if there is a way to have the bill-to-party selected automatically in a sales order based on the shipping address.

I have some customers with multiply Shipping addresses and the invoice is sent to different locations based on which facility is receiving the goods. Can someone please let me know how I can do this or point me in the the right direction of some documentation that could help me figure this out. I've been searching for hours and haven't really found anything useful.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat you helped point me in the right direction initial testing seems like we have our solution. We are going to run some more further test tommorrow and if all goes well move foward with our solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I think I've figured out the 1st part of my last post.

I believe I would need to Add the BP to the "Partner Functions in Procedures" for the "WE" (Ship-To Party) under

Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master. Is this correct.

The 2nd part from the above post I believe i found using your post Venkat if I understand it correctly.

Your saying I should make the change in "Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header" select TA (Standard Order)

"Partner Functions in Procedures" and make the source for the BP (Bill-to Party) the SH or Ship-to Party.

First am I understanding this correctly and second do you know if there is not BP assign to the SH does it then go back and search the SP (Sold-to Party)

Thanks Again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Your understanding of my requirements is correct. Two things though: 1. by defualt a Bill to is not an option when setting up the partners of a Ship To customer. How do I change it to allow a Bill to to be assigned.

2. Once this is done how should I modify the partner determination procedure to do as you said above.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is to identify the bill to based on ship to. if so do the following.

maintain the partner tab in ship to master record, here you assign the bill to party to whom you have to send the bill.

Now in partner determination procedure maintain the bill to source as ship to. In partner determination procedure you have all the options from where system has to look for the other partner functions.

In this processes system first checks with Sold to, finds out a ship to, now from ship to partner tab it automatically finds out the bill to in to the sales order.

Hope you understood, if not let me know.

Reward if it helps you.

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I origionally set the customer master up as you suggested with each shipping address as the sold-to-party and created a single bill-to-party and payer that was a partner of multiple sold-to-parties. As this avoided the situation of a customer needing multiple billing and payer parties. I've been asked to redo the list so that their is only 1 sold-to-party for each customer which works fine as long as their is only one billing party which the majority of our customers do. But about 10% of our customers have multiple billing addresses that they want the invoice sent to based on which shipping address we send the product to. When set up in this way everything still work fine exept that the person taking the order would have to know which billing party corresponds to which shipping address. So we are looking for a way to have the bill-to-party link to the shipping address so that when entering a sales order the bill-to-party is automatically select when a Ship-to is entered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge partner determination is based off of the Sold-To party...you may want to look at your partner relationships as far as Sold-To, Ship-To, Bill-To and Payer go. You may want to view the Ship-To address as a Sold-To party and assign the appropriate Bill-To and Payer to that Sold-To. So if you make all the Ship-To's/Sold-To's they all could have different Bill-To and Payer assignments.

Thanks,

Jeremy