cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search by username

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to make a search by userid, i end up with an error saying multiple users are found and i found no solution with that. for eg, i know for sure that Bhanu Gupta posted something of this sort and if i give the exact name to find that post too i won't get a successful result. any suggestions on userid search.

ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i too faced this. i guess this generally happens when the user has two accounts with the same name with different email ids.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

i didn't unerstand what u meant by S number and how do we search for it? do explain.

Raja,

its not because a user has 2 accounts. for eg. if u goto search forum and then there is one for search by username if i give bhanu gupta in that, i'll get an error stating multiple users found, if there is a user by the name praveen bhanu or even bhanu praveen. hope u got me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately to search by userid you need to know the userid and there are many variations such as a S number or C number or D number or I number or P number.

We'll see what we can do about making the forum search for a user a bit easier.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Here is something you may want to try if you need to search by person (user name). Move your cursor over the user's name and then look at the bar on the bottom of your IE window (I think it is called the Status Bar). It gives you <b>https://....UserID=230645</b> (this is you). You can then use this number in the Search User Name box.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

u answered my previous post regarding "search the url of a topic" by asking me to rt click on topic name and note down the properties. in that same way i figured out the answer for this rt clicking on users and nowadays when i wanna search ur posts i do it only by your userID=547795. as always thanks a million for taking time to send ur valuable suggestion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Are you talking about the forum search? For now it's best to search with your S number.

Eddy