cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard to believe: missing report on purchase order price variances ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all-

Happy New Year to you all and all the best for this new 2008!

Traditionally the procurement to pay process is an area that really can benefit from automation. However more important than automation (efficiency), tools that support a process have to be effective first! And provide good understanding of business process at hand by providing information on essential key-figures of the process at hand.

That brings me to the topic of this post: purchase price variance. In my opinion the SAP functionality effectively handles PPV (purchase price variances): variance between purchase price and standard cost (let's call this one PPV1) and the variance between the invoice price and the purchase price (let's call this one PPV2). A good understanding of both PPV1 and PPV2 are useful for potential process improvements ... PPV1 relates more to the efforts of the purchasing deparment and/or determination of pricing in purchase orders while PPV2 brings in the efforts of the vendor.

Anyways, in order to obtain understanding of the variances mentioned, information is needed. E.g. a purchase price variance report or -analysis. I can't find such a report!

I did look on various forums and when I find something that relates to a PPV-report or -analysis, people are discussing ways to create an ABAP-report or query ... Much to my surprise: no clear answers. It looks that such a report even does not exist! That's what I find hard to believe!

Does anyone of you know about a report or analysis-tool on purchase price variances? Or is it really true that such a report is just not there!

thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

i have been checking the whole Forum and also asked around collegues and it seems that it is really still true there is no simple report that is showing PPV details (PO price, Invoice price, Standard price and the quantities and values)

I think the solution to get such a report is to programm it Starting point would be the line items on PPV account.

To get such a report with connection between Delivery and Invoice, GR based IV is helpful.

It is unbelivable that this never has been setup !

We are currently using FBL3N on the PPV accounts by current monthe with 2 variants subtotalling on matarial and sorting by high value

Let me know if anybody find a report

Cheers

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Precisely what I have been thinking. I just keyed in this search in SDN to find your thread heading the results with no suggestions/solutions to the query posed. Were you able to get any leads to this one? I would be glad if you could share it in this forum.

Thanks,

Puja.

kandarpa_anand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Even iam trying hard to get some information

Is anyone having the informatiion please pass on to kandharpaanand gmail.com