cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is need for action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While looking at Integration Scenario and actions, the actions are used in integration Scenario. And also a connection between actions. I wonder is these actions really do some action or they are just to understand user when opened Integration scenario.

I have gone through sap documentation, but i am confused.

And while creating configuration scenario, I imported integration scenario from repository. What is need to import....as everything I am configuring in integration Directory...

What this actions and Integration Scenario will do when i import...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matias and Sarvesh,

Thank you very much for your action. I am busy with the configuration of scenarios and It is very true that I don't need to configure them manually if I have import them from IR.

However, I could not find any way to import my integration process. I observed some interresting stuff..

I created a Scenario CS_test in ID and imported IS_test from IR. All my objects configured. But, could not find Integration process.

Once i imported manually, I can't import my integration scenario due to name collision (CS_test)

Is there any standard way doing this.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa !

If in ID, inside your scenario, you go to "Service without party", then to "Integration Process", what do you find? As far as I know, CS if for Configuration Scenario and that is a kind of "folder" object whose purpose is to show in a joined view all related integration directory related objects for a specific scenario. IS objects "Integration Scenario" do not exists per se in ID. You need to import the Integration Process, that is, your BPM definitions into your Configuration Scenario.

Regards,

Matias

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lots of misguiding information...

Trying to clarify:

1. Integration Scenarios are definitely not just for documentation. With them, you avoid having to create the Configuration Objects manually (or even interface by interface, using wizard); you just run the scenario configurator, relate each application component to a business service/system/integration scenario, create/refer necessary Communication Channels and that's it;

2. Of course you can use business services in Integration Scenario Configurator, but only for B2B communications. Hence, your application component must be set with "external" flag (same for action);

3. You don't "import" BPM from IS into ID. You just refer to the Integration Process as a service, meaning, the only information you have about IP in Integration Directory is its interfaces, inbound or outbound (output or input ones; actually they are all abstract);

Finally, for the actual question: an action reflects an execution within the integration scope, meaning, a system triggering an access to other system(s). In XI's scope, that execution means one interface, and that's exactly the information that goes into the action: the interface, its type (message interface, imported RFC/IDoc etc), whether it refers to an internal (reflecting an A2A scenario) or an external (reflecting a B2B scenario) system and whether it's an outgoing or incoming message (outbound or inbound, in the point of view of the application systems).

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

Thanks for ur explanation. It helps.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Now I understand a bit. Integration Scenario in IR is just for documentation purpose.

The only thing when I import in ID, Integration process will be imported. Other than that I have to do all the configuration objects manually.

AS Matias said, I can utilise my IR objects in ID for configuration if I use configuration wizard. I couldn't test this now.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In contrast with above coments, I have some different views.

1. You don't have to do any configuration manually.

2. Even there no need to use configuratio wizard.

The Truth is, once you create ur Integratio Scenario in IR properly then there is no need to configuer ANYTHING in ID. And one more thing IS is not used for ducumentation, infact it comes into best practices. Morever it gives the clear picture of scenario and it's flow.

For more details just do one hands-on on IS, and remember we can only use business systems only not business services.

Plz get back to me in case of any confusion.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh !

In SAP Help states:

-

-

Guidelines for Modeling Integration Scenarios Locate the document in its SAP Library structure

This section gives you an overview of what you should note when modeling integration scenarios and supports you when designing them. Furthermore, it provides you with background knowledge about the modeling concept and design decisions in the Integration Builder (Integration Repository).

Targets of Modeling

An integration scenario completely models the exchange of messages for a collaborative process and provides an overview of the process flow. The advantages of defining integration scenarios in the Integration Builder (design tool) are as follows:

· The integration scenario provides you with an overview of the process and the process flow.

· The integration scenario groups together all objects that are involved in this process: interface objects, mapping objects, and executable integration processes from the Integration Repository, and product versions from the System Landscape Directory.

You can access all of these objects from the integration scenario.

· The integration scenario contains all design time information about the process that is required for its configuration. If you have defined an integration scenario, you can use it as a template for configuration. This enables you to automate the creation of the relevant objects as much as possible. In the case of very complex collaborative processes, integration scenarios are the only way of retaining an overview over the configuration.

Use the above as your starting point when defining and modeling integration scenarios.

-

-

source:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ec/21ee117a909f44a8b69794b9ed6221/frameset.htm

By manually I also mean communication channel settings.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's ok Matias. Even sometimes I write something and it means something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Ques asked by Srinivasa: While looking at Integration Scenario and actions, the actions are used in integration Scenario. And also a connection between actions. I wonder is these actions really do some action or they are just to understand user when opened Integration scenario.

Ans: Actions are the heart of integration scenario. Action decide the direction of interface or in other words i can say Inside action we assign the Inbound & outbound Message Interface. For the simplest scenario (one sender & one receiver) we require two Actions. So first we create the actions for integration scenario and then we create the swim lanes in Integration Scenario (number of swim lanes are directly proportional to the number of Business Systems). Now Right click on first swim lane (sender) and assign the sender action in it, samilarly do for second swim lane for receiver.

After assigning sender & receiver actions, now select both the actions and then right click and select connection....

Note: In Integratin secnario we can ONLY use Business Systems, not Buniness Services.

Ques asked by Srinivasa: And while creating configuration scenario, I imported integration scenario from repository. What is need to import....as everything I am configuring in integration Directory...

What this actions and Integration Scenario will do when i import...

Ans: While creating Integration Secnario (IS) in IR, we give the Sender & Receive Business Systems names in swim lanes, we give the Message interfaces inside actions & as well as Interface mapping too, So if you import the IS for Integration Repository into Integ Dir then you do not have to do the configuration part (like creating Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, Sender Agreement & Receiver Agreement).

I hope I have answered your question, plz award points to helpful answers.

Regards,

Sarvesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Similar thread was posted very recently. Please search the forum..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srninivas !

As far as I understand the Integration Scenario feature is basically for documentation, for the user. It also can be used as a starting point for creating integration directory objects using a wizard, but I recommend to create each object manually.

When importing to directory from repository, you only need to import the Integration Process (the BPM).

Regards,

Matias.