cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data display in P Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Monthly Bkts in My Pl Book. When my history is loaded into my PA, how the data for the dates 1- 5 Jan 08 is displayed ? Will it show under Dec 07 bkt or Jan 08 bkt in pl book ? as 31st Dec 07 is monday. So the whole week data will fall under Dec bkt ?

Any idea pls ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should fall under the Jan Monthly bucket. 31st dec will not be in january

What is the Time bucket attached to the Planning area that you are using? Does it have weeks in it?

Another way of checking this is to changing the planning bucket profile to "9ASTORAGE" which will show in the Planning book the data as stored in the storage bucket profile. If you are on 5.0 it already has this option in the time period options

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Giving the points to all. Thanks.

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Assuming I am getting this issue correctly here is my analysis :

1). The system determines the number of workdays in each technical period to display the data.

2). In your case when you see the data in monthly buckets the system first determines the workdays for January(as per your example) in each week and divides the data in those workdays.

assuming there is no calendar assigned the system will divide the figure in week (Dec31 - Jan6) equally per day. The reason that you are not seeing exactly equal but slightly deviating values is because of the rounding that system does.

Please refer to the following link to understand this better.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/53f1f3758211d398490000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Hope this helps!

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

Now i have some clarity. I understand that in Monthly Bkts, all data of a month will reside in that month bkt only. If we look at weekly bkts, 31 Dec - 6 Jan, sits in week 1 bkt, unlike Monthly Bkts. My doubt now is how the data is split for one day (31 Dec) from the 7 days in a week. If its 35000 qty in week 1, then 35000/7 = 5000. So will i see 5000 allotted for Dec 31 day. Actually i dont see exactly equal distribution, but its bit more. Any idea on this ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. Yes we use weeks in PA and on 5.0. I saw 31 dec is stored in separate bkt of Dec. So the problem will be only when i am seeing the data in weeks, in months, it should be ok. Am i right ? when dealing with weeks, i need to exactly see the technical periods ?

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Here is how it works in planning buckets.

1. Every Planning bucket starts from Monday.

2. If there are less than 7 days in the week in that month and the rest fall into the next month, the weekly bucket in the previous month has only those days covered in that month.The rest of the week shows up in next period.

As 31st is the Monday, it is shown as only day in that week.

Go to TR 32 and enter 9AWEEK and see how the periods are divided. That should give you an idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for the idea. But the Period List shows all calendar days purely from 1st of a month to last day of a month. But in Pl Books, i think it shows in technical periods. Dont have clarity on this. How the data is stored in Monthly bkts in Book ? If part of a week is falling into next month, how the data is shown up ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

It has to show up in the Jan bucket. if you are not sure, go to your planning bucket profile, enter the planning bucket profile you are using in your planning book and click on the blue and black "i" icon at the top to see the pattern in which the data is displayed in planning bucket.

hope this helps.