cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export of RFC Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if I can export all my RFC destination information in a transport request or other form ?

Regards

Lauran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this is possible (but someone else can correct me). It is much better to set these up by hand so you don't suddenly create a security issue by copying them from one system to another.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver

Edited by: Joe Haynes on Jan 2, 2008 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot transport RFC Destinations directly. But there is a way,

Create a new Transport Request. After you have created the transport click on the request and in menu choose Request/Task and then Display. Goto change mode.

In PGMID give the value R3TR

In Obj give value TABU

In Object Name give RFCDES.

After that double click on table name entry. You will come to the screen: Transport organizer:Change Key List.

Here choose insert line. A new line with table name and key as the column headers will come up.

Double click on the Bobject Field. In the next screen you will get options to fill in the key.

You can insert key as per your choice. If you want to transport all the RFC Destinations give '*'. If you want to transport a RFC Des called say 'ABC' give the key as 'ABC'.

Release the transport and import it in the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a trick but it's a bad idea to use it because an RFC destination usually changes with the system in the landscape directory.

For exemple, it's very uncommon to use the same hostnames in the RFC destinations for the DEV system and the production system.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

THanks for the information. I am not going to transport to other system. I just want to do a backup so that if other pp mess up the RFC information, i can import it back.

Lauran