cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What event is created by clicking a bar in a bar graph?

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use a click on a bar in a bar graph to call a data service to provide detailed data for the bar that was clicked. The detailed data is to be displayed in a table below the chart.

I thought this was possible because I drew a connection from the output port of the chart object to the input port of a form, and could display the value changing correctly in the form when I clicked a bar in the graph. However if I similarly connect the output port of the chart to the input of the data service, it appears the service will not be called unless I specify an event. However I cannot determine what event is being raised when the bar is clicked; any event I select results in a compile message that the event is declared but cannot be raised.

Has anyone implemented something like this and can you suggest what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margaret,

use the system action 'select' to trigger the call to the data-service.

prachi

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prachi!

This wasn't clear to me because in the drop down "select' is not an option. I didn't realize that I could just type it in, but your response clued me that must be the case. (Duh!)

Sometimes it's the simple things...

Margaret

Answers (0)