cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!:

I'm working with DCs. I have a Java DC and it references a EJB DC.

At the java dc:

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();

Object ref = ctx.lookup("localejbs/GestionarInfoSessionFacadeBean");

At debug time I can see the variable ref as follow:

Object ref = com.paq.gct.persistencia.ejb.session.GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHomeImpl0_0

(The class name is autocompleted with a Impl0_0)

Inspecting the variable I can see at policy configuration and other stuff the right data of the ear where the class belongs etc etc.But no mater what I want to do with the variable ref (Ex.: casting it to It's real type, in this case com.paq.gct.persistencia.ejb.session.GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome) the app throws this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/paq/gct/persistencia/ejb/session/GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome

Any idea???

Thanks a lot for your time on this thread.

Rocío.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocío,

You need to define a reference from the application or library of the Java DC to the application of the EJB DC. This is done in the application-j2ee-engine.xml or provider.xml, respectively.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir:

Thanks for your answer.

I can't find provider.xml at my Library DC, the file application-j2ee-engine.xml it's at my WD DC and in the EJB DC.

I reference the Library DC at my WD DC should I reference at my WD DC the EJB DC too? (I try with use DC but nothing....).

I have a problem with my editor at NWDS and can't access to the "General" tab ( see my [post|;). I find the dtd but can't find the values of some attributes to do it.

Rocío.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No, you need a reference exactly from the Library DC to the EJB DC. Add it to the Used DC of your Library DC (with purpose Runtime).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try once again with that and .... java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, the error is exactly the same, no mater if I set the DC relation at runtime and built time or just built time....

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir look at my post I don't know if that will be the problem....

I'll keep searching...

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rocío.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so... my IDE is not generating the folder and file or a configuration is missing...

Is server/provider.xml part of the default Library DC project structure? or is it the result of some setting (when I add an used DC, etc,) ?

I installed the ide in other pc and generate a project from scratch but the folder and file is still missing....

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It should be always generated. I'd suggest to look at the build logs, there might be some problems. Sorry don't have any other idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me yours to compare files?

My build.log:

Development Component Build (2008-01-03 17:16:56)

DC type: J2EE Server Component

DC subtype: Library

Build Plugin 'J2EE Server Library Plugin', Version 7.00 SP 13 (645_VAL_REL, built on 2007-08-07 16:56:36 CEST, CL72348)

development component: gct/core/lib (com.repsolypf)

software component: MyComponents (demo.sap.com)

type: J2EE Server Component, subtype Library

build variant: default

source location: YP10180@s420206

output location: C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCscom.repsolypfgctcorelib_compgendefault

plugin start time: 2008-01-03 17:16:56 GMT-03:00 (ART)

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.4.2_07-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

General options:

convert *.xlf to *.properties: yes

include sources for debugging: yes

Warning: Source folder "server" does not exist and will be ignored.

Checking path lengths for sources

Path length checks finished in 0 seconds

Preparing data context..

No 'default' JDK defined, will use running VM.

Generating application-dd.xml

Data context preparation finished in 0.016 seconds

Creating Ant build file..

Creating output file: C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCscom.repsolypfgctcorelib_compgendefaultlogs uild.xml

Using macro file: C:Program FilesSAPIDE_7.0.12IDE70eclipsepluginscom.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0compSAP_BUILDTDCssap.com c i paddLib_compgendefaultpublicaddLibmacros uild.vm

Removed dependency on "compile" from target "createPublicParts". No such target defined.

Removed dependency on "compile" from target "build". No such target defined.

Build file creation finished in 0.125 seconds

createDeployArchive:

Created dir: C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopment 5B0808A21466EA21A3EC4104CC2D8CEBsdaprep

Preparing archive for deploy unit "default"

deployment type: "library"

assembly roots:

C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCscom.repsolypfgctbeans_compgendefaultpublicJavaAssmbl

Creating Ant build file: C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCscom.repsolypfgctcorelib_compgendefaultlogs uildDeployArchive.xml

Creating descriptor server/provider.xml ...

Adding module 'com.repsolypfgctbeansJavaAssmbl.jar' from DC 'gctbeans' (vendor 'com.repsolypf'), public part 'JavaAssmbl'

Ant build file creation finished in 0.141 seconds

packDeployArchive:

Creating source archive

Adding source archive from com.repsolypf~gctbeans

Source archive creation finished in 0.015 seconds

Creating deploy archive info

Info: JarSAP version 20060908.1630

Info: JarSAPProcessing version 20070423.1630 / JarSL version 20070504.1330

Building: C:Documents and Settingsyp10180.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCscom.repsolypfgctcorelib_compgendefaultdeploycom.repsolypfgctcore~lib.sda with compression

JarSAP finished in 0.047 seconds

Ant runtime 0.343 seconds

Ant build finished OK

Build plugin finished at 2008-01-03 17:16:56 GMT-03:00 (ART)

Total build plugin runtime: 0.701 seconds

Build finished with WARNING

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest creating another set of ear/ejb DC's, and see if those can be generated, deployed, and used correctly. As one poster mentioned, it appears that the structure of the project is damaged; instead of wasting time trying to fix it, just create a new one.

One other thing you can do is use the Visual Administrator to see if the proper runtime references have been created for the ear. Navigate to Services / ClassLoader Viewer, and find your application. You should see library:ejb20 in the dependency graph - if it's not there, then you have a ear deployment issue. By default, ear's are supposed to have an library:ejb20 association. If they don't, well, then something is obviously amiss with either the deployable object, or the deployment itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken:

Thanks for answering.

I checked this:

One other thing you can do is use the Visual Administrator to see if the proper runtime references have been created for the ear. Navigate to Services / ClassLoader Viewer, and find your application. You should see library:ejb20 in the dependency graph - if it's not there, then you have a ear deployment issue. By default, ear's are supposed to have an library:ejb20 association. If they don't, well, then something is obviously amiss with either the deployable object, or the deployment itself.

And it's ok, the library:ejb20 is in the association

I installed before posting the ide in other PC create the Library DC from scratch and the file server/provider.xml was missing.

Are you working with DCs? they are working fine? can you tell me your IDE version?

Rocío.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hmm, I found this in your build.log:

Creating descriptor server/provider.xml ...

Seems it's working fine. Please double check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of our work is done on nw70 SP10 and SP13. Yes, we use the DI for all our projects, so of course everything is DC based.

It's strange that the project has a reference to library:ejb20 yet complains about missing classes.

Is the Java DC and the EJB DC in the same EAR? If they're not, then the ear that contains the java DC must contain a reference to the EAR that contains the EJB DC, as well as references to library;ejb20 (and probably some other libraries as well).

Other than that, I'm really not sure what the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken:

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Thanks about:

All of our work is done on nw70 SP10 and SP13. Yes, we use the DI for all our projects, so of course everything is DC based.

As I read some posts saying that NW04 have a few problems about DCs, library package and IDE version....I was afraid that something like that was happening at NW2004s...to me.

It complains about missing classes at runtime. Java DC and EJB DC are NOT in the same EAR, I have an ear for EJB and a Library DC for the Java DC, I define public parts in Java DC and make the reference.

1- Java DC - have 2 public parts: JavaAssmbl (A) and JavaCompilation (C)

2- Library DC - have at used DCs the dc java's public part

3- WD DC has as reference Library the Library DC (2)

All this works as I execute the WD DC and it finds the class and execute the code of the Java DC. So when I deploy the Library DC I get Java DC in the server and no ear deploy for it is required. The Java DC references a EJB DC.

I want to test referencing the EJB DC at my Library DC... but no mater if I set it as Used DC or not (Library DC's Used DC ---> EJB DC's public part ), or if the reference is runtime or not, the error is the same....that's why I was asking about server/provider.xml as I think that the problem is at Library DC that don't find at runtime the reference at the EJB DC/ EAR, so that's why the Java DC can't find the class, or should be enough the reference between Java DC and EJB DC in this scenario?

Rocí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir I don't know where it gets created as the folder do not exists....I checked the project structure in all perspectives and nothing... no server folder nor provider.xml.... I will ckeck again the project's file system (from outside NWDS) on monday at office.

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch, have a nice weekend.

Rocio.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't mean it gets created in the project, however the generated SDA should contain this file.

HTH!

\-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir:

The file provider.xml is not in the project structure but in the *.sda as you said.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<provider-descriptor>

<display-name>gct/core/lib</display-name>

<component-name>gct/core/lib</component-name>

<description />

<major-version>7</major-version>

<minor-version>10</minor-version>

<micro-version>0</micro-version>

<provider-name>com.repsolypf</provider-name>

<jars>

<jar-name>com.repsolypfgctbeansJavaAssmbl.jar</jar-name>

</jars>

</provider-descriptor>

gctbeans is the Java DC

So...I play around to see if the file changes...

Now I add at "Used DC" the EJB DC (just runtime dependency ) and the file keeps the same(I built the DC, delete the sda and built again.....the same....no reference is add on it) and the same old error occurrs:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/repsolypf/gct/persistencia/ejb/session/GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome

To be the DC added in the provider.xml built time dependency is needed (for what I see...), so I add both built and runtime dependency but I get this error when I execute the WD DC:

( built and runtime dependency are set at Library DC )

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBLocalHome -

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [library:com.repsolypfgctcorelib] Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader] No references ! Resources: D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctpersistencia.jar D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctbeansJavaAssmbl.jar Loading model: {parent,local,references} -

The error occurred while trying to load "com.repsolypf.gct.persistencia.ejb.session.GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome".

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBLocalHome

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [library:com.repsolypfgctcore~lib]

Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader]

No references !

Resources:

D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctpersistencia.jar

D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctbeans~JavaAssmbl.jar

Loading model: {parent,local,references}

-

The error occurred while trying to load "com.repsolypf.gct.persistencia.ejb.session.GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome".

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:401)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

at com.repsolypf.gct.beans.GCTCommandBean.<init>(GCTCommandBean.java:45)

at com.repsolypf.gct.mantenimiento.roles.MantenimientoRolesView.wdDoInit(MantenimientoRolesView.java:103)

at com.repsolypf.gct.mantenimiento.roles.wdp.InternalMantenimientoRolesView.wdDoInit(InternalMantenimientoRolesView.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doInit(DelegatingView.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.initController(View.java:445)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:709)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:579)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.doOpen(WebDynproWindow.java:295)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.show(ApplicationWindow.java:183)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.open(ApplicationWindow.java:178)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:364)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.initApplication(ApplicationSession.java:748)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:283)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:46)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:387)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

If I define Just built time dependency....

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBLocalHome -

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [library:com.repsolypfgctcorelib] Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader] No references ! Resources: D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctpersistencia.jar D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctbeansJavaAssmbl.jar Loading model: {parent,local,references} -

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:401)

at com.repsolypf.gct.mantenimiento.roles.MantenimientoRolesView.wdDoInit(MantenimientoRolesView.java:103)

at com.repsolypf.gct.mantenimiento.roles.wdp.InternalMantenimientoRolesView.wdDoInit(InternalMantenimientoRolesView.java:110)

... 35 more

See full exception chain for details.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBLocalHome

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [library:com.repsolypfgctcore~lib]

Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader]

No references !

Resources:

D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctpersistencia.jar

D:\usr\sap\PD2\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.repsolypfgctcorelib\com.repsolypfgctbeans~JavaAssmbl.jar

Loading model: {parent,local,references}

-

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doInit(DelegatingView.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.initController(View.java:445)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:709)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:579)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.doOpen(WebDynproWindow.java:295)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.show(ApplicationWindow.java:183)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.ApplicationWindow.open(ApplicationWindow.java:178)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:364)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.initApplication(ApplicationSession.java:748)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:283)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:46)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:387)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

If I add as a sharing reference the ejb ear and add as Used DC (build and runtime reference) the EJB DC (all this in the WD DC) the error is the ald one:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/repsolypf/gct/persistencia/ejb/session/GestionarInfoSessionFacadeLocalHome

Any Idea?

Thanks a LOT for keeping in touch.

Rocu00EDo

Edited by: Rocu00EDo Lorena Suu00E1rez on Jan 7, 2008 2:31 PM

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Seems your Library DC needs a runtime reference to the library:ejb20 as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but nothing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocío,

if I understand that correctly then there is one DC missing: an EAR wrapper for the EJB.

You need:

1. Your Java DC

2. A Library DC that has a build-time dependency to an assembly public part of the Java DC (to the the Java library into the runtime environment)

3. You EJB DC

plus:

4. An EAR DC that has a build-time dependency to the assembly public part of the EJB DC and you also need to set a runtime-dependency from your Library DC to this EAR DC.

The problem why the reference from the library DC to the EJB is not working is that they do not share the same runtime environment: an EJB needs to be assembled into an application and then you need to set the runtime dependency to that application, not to the EJB DC. (You do need a build time-dependency from the Java DC to the compilation public part of the EJB for the build environment.)

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc:

I have the ear dc otherwise my EJB never gets on the server and it wouldn't be able to find them at Visual Administrator.

Thanks for your time on this thread.

Rocío.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the JAVA DC for WS. WD DC Consume the data via Webservice adaptive model.