cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization for dynamic tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I have a problem with the internationalization of a very table-centric WDJ app, that makes frequent use of dynamic tables. I thought adding some speaking "resource names" to the related XLF-files would do the job but alas the whole project did not successfully compile after applying those changes.

So what I would like to do is internationalize dynamic tables (the column titles) in a Web Dynpro conform, SAP-standard way?

As the tables are build dynamically and the names of the Table UI elements vary upon the retrieved data from the database I can not "hard-wire" some table names into the resource name field of the S2X-editor.

Did someone solve this problem or knows a workaround for applying XLF files to this scenario? Is externalizing string the desired solution?

thank,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

found "the solution" - at least a working one - by externalizing the Strings needed for the table headers of the dynamic table, converting them to XLIFF files (context menu -> I18N -> Run S2X tool), creating and editing the language specific xlf files and accessing them in the code with a classical ResourceHandler.

Might be an awkward solution but seemingly works.

regards,

Christian