Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Question: Multiple Notifications, One WO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

Hope you will be fine........

I have a problem please help me out in this, I have 5 different notifications with the same equipment but different serial number, I want to create only one WO for all these notifications, please guide me how can i do that? and second thing how can I trace that on which serial number operations are completed.

Waiting for your valuable answers.................

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Kindly execute the T code IW28 for your equipment then in the list select the notification for which you have to create the order,then in the menu option you can find Create order,if you execute this then one maintenance order will be generated for all your notification

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your valuable answer, but still i am not able to get full answer............

as you suggested, i did the same & i got 5 different equipments in Object tab of Work Order, but in Operations tab how will i categorize the operations that operation # 010 or 020 is for Equipment 1 or 2, and same is the case with Components, that if I specifiy 1 Component then for which equipment this component will be used & last but not leaset, how will I confirm the Operations in IW41 against different equipments????????

These are few questions which I am not able to get answer, please help me out in this.............

Edited by: Ghulam Qadir Khan on Jan 14, 2008 9:42 PM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

copying the operation from the notification to the order behaves like what you have customized in the notification and order integeration,then in the order you can assign the components to the operations only

also you can confirm the respective operation in the order only not based on equipments

for better understanding read the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b0/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_bengeri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ghulam Bhai,

Has your issue been resloved? ( I knw its too late to ask this, as this was posted in 2008). Because I was goin through this post, I realised that If your notifications are to be generated on timely basis with the same operations, then why dont you create Tasklists for those 20 equipments (IA01), and based on them create Notification type maint plans. In this way, you can create multiple notifications with same operations.

And for the latter part, even I'm facing the same issue (i.e Unable to trace or categorize the operations that operation # 010 or 020 is for Equipment 1 or 2).

I hope for some reply's

Former Member
0 Kudos

As explained by thiyagu for opeartions agst equipments we may see thro iw49 n , Becas this all are ranges we may select more .

Infact iam not getting clearly abt ur requirement... can i have some exact req 4ur client please

Thenna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Thenna

My Client is repairing more then 20 equipments on one work order, these 20 equipments have 20 different notifications, but through IW28, They are generating only one Work Order against these 20 notifications. Now first Operation for all the equipments is "Inspection of the equipment" which is mandatory. What I understand is that client will enter Inspection of equipment in Operations tab twenty times and then in Object tab he will assign this operation to each object one by one.

This is time taking and practically not possible, requirement is that client will enter only one operation in Operations tab and then will assign that operation in Objects tab to as many object as he require, which I am not able to solve and asking for help on this crucial issue.

I am sure now the requirement is clear and you can easily guide me.

Thanks a lot

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

object list is used for information only ie if you want to maintain several equipments which are going to perform the same operation then just enter the operation and specify the objects in the object list tab page,then while taking the print out of the order , you can get the entire object list you have entered.

can you specify the requirement why you want to assign the same operation to the object list??

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thyagarajan the Inspection is one of the example operation to carry out the repair process of equipments, there are 4 or 5 more different operations that are also required for the repair and few of these operations also require components from the store thats why want to assign each operation to seperate object list.

for more details let me explain, see if all the 20 equipments require spring, and i entred one operation "replace spring", now what will i write in qty field, either 20 or 1 and do this one by one for each equipment????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

The SAP is provided the option for Mutliple notifications against one order.

You create the order against equipment and you go to *objects tab there assign the notifications and sl no of the equipments*.

Ensure the technical objects is same (equip is same).

Go to IW 49N for the orders aginst each operations there is options of sl no. Then u cud find the status of orders .

You points will be good . if any probs just shot again in thread

Thenna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much both of you for helping me out from this crucial issue

I have still one problem left which I am not able to understand, I need your help on this.........

I have activated Assignment of Operations to all Object list entries active, but the issue is my client is repairing upto 20 to 25 equipments on single work order coz the equipments are same & each equipment requires three Operations which are same for all the equipments, now the issue is I have to write all these three Operations again & again for all the 25 equipments entered in Objects tab & then one by one assign those operations to object which is very time taking and sounds stupid to client.

Is there any way that I only enter three Operations in Operations tab and then in Objects List tab I will assign those three operations to as many object as i want.

Need your valuable inputs on this..........

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

i think object list is provided for assigning to several object, in your case just enter the 3 operation and in the object list enter the objects you required then if you see in IW49N then the equipments with the operations will appear

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked that but not working, I am only able to assign one operation to one object only. my requirement is to assign one operation to more then one objects which i am not able to do. I have also checked in IW49N but not doing

plz help

Edited by: Ghulam Qadir Khan on Jan 21, 2008 11:06 AM