cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery from Project - reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my project i want to deliver material frm my project.

Now iam using thg CNS0,

i want to know the difference between CNS0 and VL01N.

which way is better to deliver material frm project and difference b/w those.

pls help me in this regard,

Regards,

Prakash.

Reward points for useful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the standard settings are ok with you, there may not be any customization required from PS perspective. But from the sales perpsective , you have to do customization to ensure that sales document line item creates the risght requirement type which inturn leads to the right requirement class.

SPRO transactions OVZG & OVZH can be used for this. The documentation for these transactions is fairly comprehensive.

Only just remember that requirement class can be directly determined from strategy group maintained in material master MRP3, or MRP group, MRP type / item category --- in that order. Hence depending on your other settings, sales document type, item category etc have to be configured to ensure rthe right requirement class.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali.

--Prakash.

Note: i have posted one more forum pls respond to tht.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like add few more lines in continuation to Muralee's reply. Based on material requirment / procurement process, delivery can be happend. In case of materials are valuated project stock & procured against WBSE, then delivery should happen from project (CNS0), whereas if the material is reserved against network & procured for the same, then delivery can happen from sales order (VL01N). If the delivery is from projects, then billing will be delivery related whereas if the delivery is from sales order, then it is order related billing.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali and Rakesh;

Thanks for your reply.

Can u pls explain,tht is thr any configuration we need to maintain???

Thanks,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

CNS0 is transaction for project delivery and VL01N is for ales order based dlivery. Which one to adopt is dependent on the rest of the configuration and business requirement.

Project delivery type is "LP' and default delivery item category type is "DLP'.

Primary difference between project delivery and other deliveries is that project delivery does not create any requirement (TOR) , whereas in the case of sales order based deliveries, deliveries create requirements. i.e, requirements which were till then emanating from sales orders, emanate from delivey once a delivery is created.

Another major difference is that with VL01N, you can do delivery related billing, whereas deliveries created using CNS0 cannot be referenced for billing.

Hence, if there is no billing process involved, CNS0 would be the ideal choice. If mile stone billing is involved, again CNS0 would be the obvious choice. If delivery related billing is involved, possibly you may have to go in for VL01N.

Some explanations provided in SAP Note:677169 are quoted below:

Quote begins:

Delivery from project (CNS0)

a) How can I change delivery type 'LP' ?

Answer:

Delivery type 'LP' (0VLK) is hard coded and can not be changed.

b) Why is availability check not executed in CNS0 ?

Answer:

Please check whether availability check is switched off by delivery item category (0VLK; indicator 'AvailCkOff').

c) Why does availability check in CNS0 return different quantitites than availability check in network ?

Answer:

Availability check is controlled by checking rule and checking group. In CNS0 checking rule is hard coded to 'B ' for plant stock and 'BE' for individual stock. In network checking rule is defined by order control (plant/order type/business func.) and might therefore differ from the hard coded checking rule used by CNS0.

Please be aware that also in SD ATP checking rule for delivery is hard coded with same values.

Please check ATP result with transaction CO09.

d) How can I filter out components in CNS0 ?

Answer:

Please refer to notes 546029 and 891134.

Quote ends.

Hope you find the explanation useful.

Muraleedharan.R