cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

There was a disk crash in our development system so we had recovered the database before 5 days. so now the database is 5 days before status. other than the all , we are more concern about the transports what have been applied between these 5 days. moreover there were some 18 to 20 transports are there. now i want to reaopply them in the development system so that further modification will be easier for the user.

please guide to how to retrieve aor apply from the /usr/sap//trans ( which is saved bcoz of different disk) requests to the development system

regards

bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as u said i can import the transport the request from the /usr/sap/trans. could u explain me how to do. the service is in hpux platform

as u said i execute the stms tcode how to retrive the transport request from the server and reapply them

regards

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using a Central Transport Directory the Transport Reqests will be there and each import queue will be able to retrieve them....STMS -> Import Queue of DEV -> Extras -> Other Requests -> Add -> Give TR no. and import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as u assumed the /usr/sap/trans is a different directory and so it was saved from the crash. now whatever the trannsports have done in between tese fivedays is available there thee is no problem. if i am right u r saying to use STMS in the development system to reapply all the transports with overwrite originals options - so that it will up to date . if u use stms in dev system that to reapply is there any consquences will happen

regards

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

I dont think there will be any problems.

If you want to be in the safest side, take any transport request say TR1 which you want to import to DEV, see the objects that it contains(SE01) and then in your system create a new TR say TR2 which contain these objects, release this TR2.

Now Import TR1 thro STMS.

So,after the import of TR1 incase anything goes wrong you can always import TR2 and get back to the state where you were before i.e the current state.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

If i understand you clearly, your contents of /usr/sap/trans are saved. Which means the cofiles and datafiles of the Transports which were released during this 5 days are in the transport directory.

Then just goto STMS, add other Transport Request, give the Transport Request,use the option 'Overwrite Originals' and import it.