0 Kudos

HI All,

Wish you a happy new year to all.

I have file structure

RecordSet

HDR 1---1

DTLS 1---unbounded

FTR 1---1

I have given all the fcc parameters normally.but Iam getting error in file adpter as

Mandatory parameter 'xml.keyfieldName': no value found

Actually I dont have any key field in my input file.

Is this mandatory to have a key field for a node with multiple occurence. what can i do as i dont have any key field in mt DTLS node.

Thanks&Regards

Reyaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reyaz,

Since you have header & details two nodes, so to distinguish between header & details nodes you sould have a key field value.

For example: If you have records like this in your file (1 is key value for header & 9 for details)

1,A,B,C

9,P,Q,R

9,L,M,N

1,D,E,F

Then it will be very easy to pic the correct value from the file base on the key value defined in FCC.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I have not defined anything regarding keyfieldvalue. I dont have any key value in my input file. But its not working.

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please let me know ur test file and FCC parameter which u have used in file adapter.

thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reyaz,

Look into my previous reply, i have made some changes in that i have given one example, morever it is clear that you have to have key filed value in your test file. Try to find out the same or discuess the same with your Functional consultant or the person who is providing this test file.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyaz,

As ur file structure is Complex with 1 Header, Multiple Details and 1Footer.

In such a condition it becomes mandatory to specify the Key Field for the XML parser to read the contents of the file.

So specify a Key field with 3 different keys for Header, Details and Footer respectively, in your file structure.

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From ur structure u need to have a key field.

So that file adapter come to know the proepr structure and ur XML structure will be created accordingly.

give any key field which will help to distiguish ur HDR DTLS FTR

for example give HDR=01,DTLS=02 and FTR =99 accordingly u need to modify ur data type and create a field for key field.

Go throgh the below weblog for key field configuration.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Thnx

Chirag