cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have successfully installed the CE7.1 SR3 trial version at my local PC. Now I want to configure ESR repository . I am facing following problem:

1 )Although I am downloading it from trail version but everytime I am facing a wrong archive problem in download.

2) Can somebody tell me how to use the service registry avaiblable at ES workplace from SDN .

regards

Poonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

login to SDN using ur S-user ID and register here.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/esareg

within 3 working days u will get user id and password .

u will be given all the server details...u can access using SAP GUI or directly from the URL.

get on the ES Workplace pages directly from here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/esworkplace

For Details ...check

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab, first of all thanks for teh response. I have got the registration for ES workspace .

But I have tried to install the ESR from the SDN download link as given in the blog mentioned below.

I had executed the the .exe file of ESR it has not installed in 12 hrs also , so I cancelled it. But when I am reinstalling it again but its giving attached error

Caught a known exception during service selection. Errortext: At line 260 file synxcfile.cpp Call stack: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) System call failed. Error 32 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ) in execution of system call 'MoveFileEx' with parameter (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\jspmadapterstandalone.jar, C:\sap128C.tmp, MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH | MOVEFILE_REPLACE_EXISTING), line (251) in file (synxcfile.cpp), stack trace: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) . Unable to delete node C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar with type file: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Unable to move or rename node C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar with type file/directory to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar: See error messages above. Message stack: Creating file C:\Documents and Settings\posharma\Desktop\NW_ESR_CE_71SR3\DATA_UNITS\CE_ESR71_03_IM_WIN_I386\x. Removed file C:\Documents and Settings\posharma\Desktop\NW_ESR_CE_71SR3\DATA_UNITS\CE_ESR71_03_IM_WIN_I386\x. Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\x. Removed file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\x. showing dlg diRestartOrCancel <dialog sid="diRestartOrCancel"> Dialog does not contain standard input handler, so the backend is not able to generate a log entry <dialog/> login in progress +2008-01-04 10:33:52 Connection request to guiengine backend by host 10.25.119.118 protocol version is 3.1 signaling connect answer... waiting for an answer from gui Creating directory C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14. Target node does not exists and (mode & ISyNode::MISSING) ==> I will copy/move. Moved C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/dev_sap_kernel to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/dev_sap_kernel Target node does not exists and (mode & ISyNode::MISSING) ==> I will copy/move. Syslib info about system call. OS message 0 (The operation completed successfully. ) after execution of system call 'rename' with parameter (C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar), line (406) in file (syxxcnode.cpp). Target node does not exists and (mode & ISyNode::MISSING) ==> I will copy/move. Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar Copied file 'C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar' to 'C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar'. Going to call system function SetNamedSecurityInfo( at line 676 in file synxc_security.cpp. System call returned. Line: 681, file: synxc_security.cpp. Last OS error message: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist. Security descriptor of C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14\jspmadapterstandalone.jar set to O:S-1-5-21-1083072263-1825981195-402763333-12399G:DUD:AI(A;ID;0x1200a9;;;BU)(A;ID;0x1301bf;;;PU)(A;ID;FA;;;BA)(A;ID;FA;;;SY)(A;ID;FA;;;S-1-5-21-1083072263-1825981195-402763333-12399). Resulting security descriptor: O:S-1-5-21-1083072263-1825981195-402763333-12399G:DUD:AI(A;ID;0x1200a9;;;BU)(A;ID;0x1301bf;;;PU)(A;ID;FA;;;BA)(A;ID;FA;;;SY)(A;ID;FA;;;S-1-5-21-1083072263-1825981195-402763333-12399) Syslib info about system call. OS message 32 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ) after execution of system call 'DeleteFile' with parameter (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\jspmadapterstandalone.jar), line (217) in file (synxcfile.cpp). Moving file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\jspmadapterstandalone.jar to: C:\sap128C.tmp. System call failed. Error 32 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ) in execution of system call 'MoveFileEx' with parameter (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\jspmadapterstandalone.jar, C:\sap128C.tmp, MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH | MOVEFILE_REPLACE_EXISTING), line (251) in file (synxcfile.cpp), stack trace: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) . Unable to delete node C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar with type file: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Exception thrown near line 260 in file synxcfile.cpp Stack trace: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) At line 260 file synxcfile.cpp Call stack: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) System call failed. Error 32 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ) in execution of system call 'MoveFileEx' with parameter (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\jspmadapterstandalone.jar, C:\sap128C.tmp, MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH | MOVEFILE_REPLACE_EXISTING), line (251) in file (synxcfile.cpp), stack trace: syxxcnode.cpp: 391: CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3) syxxcnode.cpp: 803: CSyNodeImpl::remove() synxcfile.cpp: 184: CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) . Unable to delete node C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar with type file: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Failed action: with parameters Error number 32 error type WIN32_ERROR Unable to move or rename node C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/jspmadapterstandalone.jar with type file/directory to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE/ESR/log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14/jspmadapterstandalone.jar: See error messages above. Removed file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CE\ESR\log_04_Jan_2008_10_34_14\jspmadapterstandalone.jar. Please inform the installation development, execution will be terminated now.

regards

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You didn't need to install these files.Just access ES workspace at SDN.

These files not not enough to build a ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab , I have successfully installed the ESR to my CE 7.1 . But I dont know how to configure or access it at my NWDS or visual composer.

second thing , I have valid userID of SDN workspace but still its not allowing me to asscess the backend SAP SDN server with that ID.how to access it.

Regards

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I known, ESR will deliver with NWCE7.1 or PI7.1. But not release yet.

Are you sure you have the ES workspace account? which is different with SDN account, and after you receiced the email of ES Workplace system account notification, you will logon the system, and change the password. The account is just a SAP system user account.

I think ESR without SAP ERP system which is ES enabled doesn't mean too much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

[How to Browse an Enterprise Services Registry in Visual Composer|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/605303db-9d5f-2a10-e0a2-c0e1c8af9e96]

applies to NWCE7.1 sp3.

[How to Consume ES Workplace Enterprise Services in Visual Composer|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a160392c-0e01-0010-7784-9cc564d871d2]:

Applies to:

ES Workplace ECC 600 of mySAP 2005 Business Suite with ESA Fast Track Add-On SP2.

SAP NetWeaver 04s Java SP8 including the Portal installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen, I have gone through both the links you mentioned . I have created UDDI_Destination and Classification_destination as mentioned in Doc. And for new backend destination HU2 I have used my userID password given by SDN(after successful registration on ES workplace) But I am unable to browse the registry in my VC.

On searching the registry its giving me error:

UDDI not found.

Please tell me how to access the ESR.

Regards

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

what error? You should find more detail error information, or no one knows what wrong it is.

Is it network problem? did you use proxy to access internet?

Why not ask basis or technology guys help you.

Ramneek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Seems like you have a problem with the proxy settings in the System Global Settings: Global Settings.

Besides the proxy server, port no. and exclude list, you will also have to provide the username and password.

The username is your windows username (Domain/Username) and password will be the windows login password.

Thank you,

Ramneek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have CE 7.1 on my local machine along with ESR.

Try downloading ESR add-on from this site n install it.

It worked for me , hope so should for u.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=https://www.sdn.sap.com/downloads/netweave...

To configure same with CE 7.1 :

Window->preferences->webservices->Enterprise Service Browser.

Here u can give the credentials of machine on which your ESR is installed

(give ur machine's ip n port if ESR resides on your local system).

to configure it on SAP Netweaver Application Server......

u can go through->[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0301486-758c-2a10-9d84-a195556df422]

If still some problem persist let me know.