Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass data from a vc iview to a webdynpro iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i have a query.

How should we pass data from an iview present in visual composer to a webdynpro (or portal iview) ?

I mean the data present in visual composer iview should be used by a portal iview.

I read that this is possible through clientside eventing.If so what is clientside eventing and how can my task be achieved by this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use VC's 'output signal' element to trigger an EPCF event that can be picked up by your Web Dynpro transaction.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cf/4d4967c99a4bad801c8147e3bc1d29/content.htm

O.

sitara_kola
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Could u let me know in detail how this eventing is possible .In my requirement i want to pass a parameter(input field) from a vc iview to a iview created in webdynpro.

I mean how should we relate the UI elements for data communication. I have defined the EPCF names and URN names.But how to define the ui elemnets .

i have an input field in a VC iview and a webdynpro iview.

When we enter text into the input field of VC iview and press submit button it should pass the parameter into the input field of webdynpro.

Its urgent please help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitara,

Please see if this document helps:

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/09/26/combining-abap-and-visual-composer

Best regards,

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitara,

if I understand your requirements you want to pass a parameter to a webdynpro application. As I know from WD4A you can pass values via URL, so you can call your Webdynpro via URL and add the parameter with the corresponding value. You can integrate you Webdynpro application via html view element.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sitara_kola
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thanks for ur reply...

Cud u plz tell me in detail , how to call webdynpro via URL and how to integrate webdynpro via html view in visual composer... i mean where shud we define the UI element properties . plz explain me in detail..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

client side eventing is done with EPCF in which you can raise event and subscribe to an event.

But i am not sure this will help in your case or not as you cannot write code in VC.

Thanks & regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harsimran kaur

But could you let me know how to proceed (as EPCF is not possible according to what you said) in order to communicate between the portal and VC iview.