cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASMA question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a simple File to File interface without design objects i.e. tunneling interface. The intension of the scenario is to pick up a file from source and put it in the target directory. My question is do we have to use Adapter – specific Message Attributes in the Sender and Receiver communication channel.

As per my understanding these ASMA is used when you want file name, directory name and soon from the source and do some manipulation and send the file name to target system.

Can some clear me the question please?

Thanks in advance.

Azias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azias,

No v dont need to use ASMA for simple picking and posting of a file. Your understandjing s correct. ASMA is used when you need some of the adapter specific attributes such as file name, Directory path etc. Then only do v need to select the option in the communication channel.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

thanks for ur quick response. I will update these to my colleage and give you the points.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

ASAM is the functionality added in the file adapter channel which can be used for getting the file name dynamically.

U got it right about ASMA. For ur scenario which is file to file u do not require ASMA.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azias,

U are going right..

and u dont need Adapter specific messege attributes in sender and receiver communication channel..

Regards,

Pooja