cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which clients for certain functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm configuring SAP ERP 6.0 SR2 after installing. I use 2 physical servers, one for DEV+QAS, one for PRD.

My 2 SAP systems contain ABAP+Java with all software units installed.

In my DEV+QAS system, I don't know whether or not I should use client 001. As DEV role, it should have 1 client for GOLD, 1 for Sandbox, 1 for Unit-Test; and as QAS role, it should have 1 client for Integration-Test.

- Should I use client 001 as any client above or I use client 000 as source client of copying?

- Because client 001 is the client for J2EE portal, should I use it as portal or change the portal client to another client? I don't know how to make another client as a QAS portal client (I'm not sure it's right or wrong, may be wrong). Or we're ONLY able to use 1 client for J2EE portal? If yes (1 portal client only), do I have to configure portal manually in the PRD system's portal also without any transport?

- If possible, someone please let me know your current System Landscape with Transport for reference.

Thanks,

Toan Do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toan,

Use 000 as the default client when setting up the first new client in the DEV system. Subsequent new clients can and should be created from the new customizing client you create by copying 000.

You will want at least one master customizing client (which you call 'gold') and one integration test client in QAS. On whether you need to create the remaining clients that you mentions depends on your organization (for larger organizations your answer is probably a yes).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver