cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values in Idoc from XI become "#"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have mapped an XML file to Idoc. When the Idoc is posted in SAP, the hash sign (#) is printed before and after the correct value and it replaces the last letter/number of the value.

For example: <xxx>test</xxx> becomes #tes# when posted in SAP.

In the monitoring there are no hashes. Does this have anything to do with the encoding? The source XML file is encoded with ISO-8859-1. Anyone had any experience with this before?

Thanks!

regards Ole Mugaas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please refer the below thread which discuss the same issue.

thnx

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how that post relates to my problem...

I'm trying to find out why '#' signs are added to the values when the Idoc is posted into SAP. Is it related to XI or has it something to do with Idoc processing...?

regards Ole

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this thread, its already discussed..

Final Solution is

Was a bug in the Idoc adapter.

OSS with SAP solved the problem.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

We have faced this special character problem but in our case the sender system is R/3 which sends the idoc with # charater and which looks like square symbol in XI. The SAP NOTE 1004368 has resolved our problem.

Have u checked the source content..?? Just download the sender xml file from moni and check if you see any special characters in the content.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Jepp, I have checked the source content. I have the same square symbol as you have. I did not think of it as it has not been a problem with other adapters, but in this case it seems to be...

The corrections in the note applies to the reverse problem, replacing the # with anything else. I'll check with the Basis guys to see if we have the correct SP, but I'm not sure if this will help since the solution seems to be for SAP -> XI, not XI -> SAP.

regards Ole

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

kindly remove the "sqare" with MM function "trim".

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

What mapping are you using?

Graphical / java or XSL?

My gut feel is you are using a Non Parsing [Dom / SAX ] mapping , graphical mapping also uses SAX parser internally.

Normally these characters you see a square, are invalid XML characters and the mapping in XI errors out as a result of this. In your case, if you are following a different mapping approach then that can be the cause.

The SAP note which is pointed by Prasanthi was originally raised by our team and the problem was same. The Idoc content on SAP displayed the data as # but the payload hit XI, the content was a square and then graphical mapping errored out.

If you open this XML payload in a editor like Textpad and do a hexadecimal searh of this charcter you will see that it is a invalid XML character. The mapping you use would either have to trim this character or the data in SAP will continue to be displayed as # as that is how SAP treats these characters,.

Regards

Bhavesh

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

I faced the same problem in my case. You can Change the file mode from Binary to Text mode and put the encoding as UDF-8 . This should help your case.

BR

Sudhir

Answers (0)