cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language settings in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to create text of the smartform in Hindi,I am logged into Hindi language while coding.In smartform language attribute,I have selected the radiobutton ' To selected language' .what difference will it be if the other radiobutton option is selected ' To all languages'.I need to also change the text font size.On changing the text to hindi,it is not allowing me to change font size.Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dharmesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar requirement at one of our client (hindustan times) and this is how we did it.

Note : This solution is independent of the unicode system.

Layout method is sapscript and preview in sapscript will visible in english only.

Either PDF or printout has to be generated to see the output in hindi language.

1. upload a true type font to R3 in font family (lekhani_dynamic.ttf is preferred) using SE73

2. now attach that font to ZSAPWIN using AFM file (if ZSAPWIN doesn't exist then create it, and make sure

font metrics is correct)

3.generate the font in ZSAPWIN.

Now we will use that font in our script and for that we need to create a character format lets say ZH.

now whatever you want to print in hindi is suppose to be in <ZH> </> tags.

Print preview wont show hindi text but if you print it or generate a PDF, you will see it in hindi but make

sure your printer supports hindi fonts and you have this font installed in your windows as well and set access

method for output device as F (printing on front end computer) in SPAD.

I didnt try it but if you want to preview in hindi as well then hindi language pack has to be installed thru i18n

and then the system will start saving hindi characters in table (provided you have a UNICODE system).

For any query, feel free to contact

Regards

Dharmesh

d h a r m e s h . k u m a a r a t g m a i l d o t co m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies,I have got a solution using SE63 & also making changes in text elements in the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As said above translate the form using se63. If you want to fonts to be bigger, please declare new pragraph and character formats in the style assigned to smartforms and then make use of them in se63 while translating.

Regards,

KK

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,,

U can create ur smartform in english and then maintain the translation for it in hindi in se63.For it u hav to log in in hindi.Then go to translation>longtexts>smartforms.and there maintain the respective translations.This is the practice that is followed generally.

Regards

Rudra