cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a new storage location for document saved in easy DMS. Is there a way to set this as default centrally? I know that the users can choose a storage location and set this as default, but I want to set this centrally so that all documents in all cases are stored at the default location.

In advance thank you for answering:)

Regards Camilla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_deeg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the only method I can imagine would be to debug the check in process to find the FM which calls the check in method and modify it by

setting the storage category to the one your default.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding rolling out registry changes. Talk to IT, they have tools to roll out changes in the registry company wide.

Also, can you use profiles? They work in DMS to select storage area, but I have no experience whether they work outside SAPGUI.

Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camilla,

Do you have the option of removing doc area DMS for the others you dont need? For example setting DMS2 as document area?

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

This is of course an solution, but still I am not sure if I want to change these standard settings.

Regards Camilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, easyDMS makes use of registry to get the storage location. You can set the entry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\System\<system_client>Storages

But again this has to be set at every frontend, so possible step is to create a .reg file to add this entry to every machine.

Alternatively, may be you can have a look at BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 and see if this is called then you can change the storage category in this badi itsefl.

Regards,

Anu