cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Courses for an XI newbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have been working on SAP R/3 for 7 years. My experience ranges from logistic modules (MM, WM, SD, PP) to analyst/programmer (ABAP).

I basically consider myself as a programmer because I always studied computer science. I also know other programming languages such as C, C++, Visual Basic (little) and Java (little).

I would like to open myself to XI world, so I am wondering which SAP courses would be useful for starting my training. I would like to stay on the programming and business analysis side rather then going too deep in system behaviour.

I have been looking at SAP suggested pathway:

http://www50.sap.com/useducation/curriculum/curriculum.asp?rid=463

I am considering cutting them a bit short and attending only following courses:

BIT450 SAP Exchange Infrastructure Dev.

BIT430 SAP XI Business Process Management

BIT460 SAP Exchange Infrastructure Mapping

That's because I understood my activities may fall into above areas: writing special logic in Java code, using ccBPM as workflow, mapping.

I would be skipping BIT400 course because it appeals too technical to me.

Can you give any suggestions? Am I right skipping such courses and BIT400 in special?

Of course I will try practising ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

If you wish to skip TBIT40 then i'll suggest you to please Listen to Elearning material.

It has everything (TBIT 40, 41, 42, 43) and you will not feel bored reading all the time.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

can you please post a link to this ELearning material?

Thanks,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

Here's the link:

http://service.sap.com/nw04-kt

You need to register for the access of the material, You need to contact SAP people for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

I appreciate your suggestion. The matter is, it is not just that I want to save time avoiding attending a class but I also would like to save money . And this material is not for free.

Can you please advise whether I would miss an important part skipping BIT400? As I already said I am not interest in being a technical consultant but more on the development side.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

Skipping TBIT40 is ofcourse not advisable !!

As you mentioned that you are more interested on the development side, it becomes all the more important for you to read TBIT40, it intoduces you to XI.

TBIT40 does not contain much of technical topics. Here by technical topics I mean issues related to installation and advanced server administration.

TBIT 40 contains primarily information about:

Overview of XI

Integration Repository

Integration Directory

BPM

Adapter concepts

Runtime Workbench etc.

which are very important if you are eyeing the development side of XI.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that you do not skip the BIT400 course, as it will provide you with the basic understanding of what XI is and how it is built, and also will provide you with a starting point for building your own content in XI.

Of course, there is no substitute for real project experience , which you should try and get as soon as possible.

Cheers

Manish