cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar Situation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a peculiar situation. Can some one give some suggestions.

Here, because of some problems we are installing only Production server.

No DEV and QAC

My basis team is telling that, they will provide me with two sets of Business systems, One set for developing and the other one for Production.You develop using the DEV set of Business systems and if found ok.Then replicate the configuration part to the Production Setup.

Is it advisable.

Give some valid instructions .......

Jeevan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeevan,

Since you have only Production System therefore working on set of Dev business system will not impact on ongoing work with the set of Production business system. Once you complete & test the scenario with the set of Dev Business systems then replacing it with production BS will be helpfull because it will not be impacting the origional Prod Business Systems just for testing.

I understand that there will be some additional work for you (Configuration part) but in my point of view you can go ahead as you have been told.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess this should be Ok. Because the basis team is giving you the something to develop and test n then transport it to production when you are 100% sure. so i don't think it will be issue.

Yes, it is not advisible but you can go on this, and later create the DEV and QA. That development sys will work as DEV and QA temproriarly.

Hope this will help a bit.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The DEV QA and PROD landscape are used as they separate the physical server from the mistakes and trials done on the DEV server. The approach u r using is not recommended bcoz anyways u will have all the trial copies on the same server.

Still if u have no choice, proceed as follows.

1. Configure all ur developments in separate components

2. Test it on basic level

3. If OK, copy it to a new component.

4. Test it again

5. Delete the previous version.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

Thanks for your instructions.

One more thing is I can copy the Repository Objects.

But, in Directory, Business Systems must be changed.

That means Will I have to design entire Directory objects with new systems again in new component.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Jeevan.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, it depends upon the requirement. If requirement is same , then no need to create these else you have to configure everything.ie if BS and other routing things are diff and the protocols then you need to configure it once again.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful