Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying EAR directly to Physical location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just had a question in mind...

When we deploy an application via WD or SDM, build and deploy happens internally but the final deployment file(ear, jar etc) gets copied to a physical location on WAS.

Now, if I do not use this standard deployment process but simply copy-paste the EAR from client machine on this server path, will I be able to run the application normally?

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Copying manually working for the framework jar but i am not very sure in this case....because there is a list created of all application that are currently deployed on the WAS...

After copying the .ear, resart the engine as there are some caches that need to be emptied and restarting is the best solution !!

Regards,

G. Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SDN Community

Simply copying and pasting an archive file (ear) will not enable the application to run normally.

On deployment through the NWDS, SDM create a folder hierarchy which contains the 'ear' file with prefix 'temp'. This file gets updated on subsequent deployment.

At the same time, the application is made available in the j2ee engine under relevant container say, webdynpro, web service etc. For eg. the web dynpro application is stored in the 'wda'.

Regards

Srinivasan T