cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External numbers for billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can we create billing numbers manually. I need external number range for billing documents. Is it possible? If so tell me the procedure with object name also.

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

External no range for invoice documents is not possible through std SAP. If you want to do that, you have to only enable it through userexits meant for number ranges USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do it by user exit mv45af,ask your abaper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

It's not possible for us to assign an external number range to a billing document.

If you go to transaction VOFA, and choose billing document type 'F2' for example, you can see that under "Number Systems", we only have "No.range int.assgt."

This is different from the sales document type where you can define both internal and external number range assignment.

To compare, you can go to transaction VOV8, and choose sale document type 'OR' for example, you can see both "No.range int.assgt." and "No. range ext. assg." available.

Hope this help

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customization done through VOFA is actually stored in TVFK table. Check that in this table in addition to internal number range there is "external number range" (NUMKE). By default it is "20" for standard (those created by copying standard) billing types. In SNRO you can change the number range 20 to your desired range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for your reply. But when I have given the external number to the billing document type and creating a billing it is giving error message like ' Assign internal number range'.

That is why I am asking wether external number range is possible for billing documents?

Please suggest me

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i t code snro. choose the object as RV_BELEG. and make the changes to the number ranges. u have to check mark the 'ext' box to make it external.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VN01 transaction check the "ext" checkbox to make the number range external.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks for your reply. But VN01 is for sales documents, but I need for billing documents. Please suggest?

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

VN01 is for SD Documents.

It is applicable for Sale order,delivery and Billing Documents..

In document types u need to assign the numer and u need to create it in VN01

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

VN01 or SNRO (RV_BELEG object) is used to create no. ranges for SD documents which include billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

External number range is not possible for billing.

Saubhagya