cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving field values from a main table using MDM JAVA APIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to retrieve records using the RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand. I am getting NPE in the one of the classes in the API. After looking around a bit it seems like the version of the server that i am trying to communicate with is the culprit and may have to upgrade it to latest version of patch. But just to confirm before talking to our guys to upgrade, i thought i will ask your opinion.

thanks in Advance.

the version is 5.5.42.48

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mdm.internal.search.SearchHelper.convertFrom(SearchHelper.jav

a:649)

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.getPr

otoSearch(AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:175)

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.execu

te(AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:123)

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.execute(Retri

eveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:157)

at com.datamodel.mdm.domain.MDMRepository.GetResultSet(MDMRepository.jav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I don't think this is the problem of version because If it is a version problem it will give error while connecting to the MDM server now it is giving error while retriving the records from the server.

Is it possible for you to post your code here from file SearchHelper.java where it is giving error

so that I can tell you where exactly the problem is.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ninad,

thanks for the info.

If you had read the thread fully, u would have seen where the error is coming. the class SearchHelper is the class in the MDM api jars (mdm-data.jar specifically) so i have no way of looking into the src code unless i decompile that class and when i do, it look like there are many convertFrom methods. In any case i have the code based on this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp%5Fmdm550/helpdata/en/46/281bce218b14dbe10000000a155369/frameset.htm searching link.

Cheers

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. finally figured out what the problem was. I was getting the wrong table id.

thanks