Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Include Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to delete a include program LZSC_MEDRUCKTOP from SE38 which is a copy of LZMEDRUCKTOP but get an error message

"Only delete function module includes using the Function Builder"

How do I delete it ?

10 REPLIES 10

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi newcomer,

When you create a function module, that function module is attached to a function group.

That function group will auto generate a list item in its (own) function group's include top file.

So when you try to delete this from se38, you will get that error.

You should delete this using se37. se37 is the TCODE to maintain function modules and function groups.

But before you go and delete that file, make sure the function module is not a standard SAP fm... (*do not delete SAP standard FM!*)

If its your own created function module... then its ok... but even though, make sure that FM you are trying to delete is not shared by other programs...

Thanks

William Wilstroth

Edited by: william wilstroth on Jan 2, 2008 8:12 AM

Edited by: william wilstroth on Jan 2, 2008 8:13 AM

William Wilstroth

0 Kudos

Thanks Wiliam,

But this is NOT a function module but is a Include program. How can I delete this from SE37 ?

I am also interested in knowing how to rename a include file.

0 Kudos

HI newcomer,

I just saw your previous other entry and you stating you copied out a function from another standard function right? Which I think is related to this entry

Then when you copy and activate it, a LZSC_MEDRUKTOP is created right? Ok, that is an include file TOP generated by the system...

What you can do is:

1. In se37, go to the function group that calls this LZSC_MEDRUKTOP... comment out the calling line of code out. Activate it again.

2. Then go to se38 and delete the include program.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

William Wilstroth

William Wilstroth

0 Kudos

The call to LZSC_MEDRUCKTOP is already commented out in the main program. I did a 'Where-is used' and this include is not called from any other program.

I still cannot deleted the include program. Is there an option to rename the include ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE80 -> Give the function group name (or main program name)

You will get all the includes there.

Is this TOP inclucde the system generated one?

Why do you want to delete the same?

Try from SE80 and let me know the results.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Sames error message from SE80. This is a include that I had copied LMEDRUCKTOP to LZMEDRUCKTOP.

This include has couple of Enhancement-Point that I want to delete. This line of code is disabled and cannot be edited. You cannot save any changes to this include without a Enhancement-point being created.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi You cannot delete this include from SE38 / SE80.

Delete the same from function builder se37.

Cheers,

Hakim

0 Kudos

Abdul, I have mentioned in the above post that I CANNOT delete from SE37. This is a INCLUDE program.

Can you give me specific steps to delete it ?

0 Kudos

Include programs will be generated automatically once the function group has been created in the system and this cannot be deleted.If it is not required for ur requirement jus comment the corresponding include.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Goto-->SE80-->Choose Function group and provide FG name -->click enter-->Expand includes and select which one you have to delete -->right click-->select delete-->click yes--> click Yes.

after activate. definitely it will ask TR and save the FG in TR.