ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can push data from XI to BW with full Quality of Service (EOIO).Since the BW release 3.0B data can be transferred to the BW via “Push” into the BW Delta Queue. From

there it is requested with the same mechanisms that are used for the extraction from R/3 source systems.

However, the Web Service and the generic SOAP/RFC Service do not support “Exactly Once” transfer of data as no transaction ID is handled in the framework. Therefore data might be transferred several times which is not valid for all delta options that can be used in BW.

XI 3.0 provides a variety of ways to access data from different sources. There are adapters to connect files, databases, messaging systems, Web Services. With R/3 systems (3.1h and higher), IDoc and RFC can be used.

The standard communication channel for SAP systems is the ABAP Proxy which is available for Web AS 6.20 and higher.

The Proxy communication supports the full Quality of Service (“Exactly Once In Order”) between XI and

BW which other adapters do not:

• The RFC-Adapter does not support “In Order” but only “Exactly Once” (so-called tRFC)

• The SOAP-Adapter supports “In Order”, i.e. the order of the messages of the sender is kept

during the processing. However “Exactly Once” cannot be implemented in this scenario in

conjunction with the receiver (see above).

Hence, SAP recommends to use the ABAP Proxy communication. Only the ABAP Proxy implementation

is described in this paper. Further information and the prerequisites to enable the full Quality of Service are described in note 717162.

Refer http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700011142902001E/HOWTOSENDXMLDATATOBW.DOC for detailed Step.

Also refer this kink for how to push data to BW using XI. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21...

Hope this clarify tour issue. Don't forget to close the thread.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

I think u have raised the same question previously as well and I have forwarded the same links for ur reference. I have also observed that u have not marked many of ur threads completed which is not proper.

I appriciate if u can mark all ur previous as well as present threads closed if u r satisfied with the help which people replied to u on ur thread along with the reward points.

check this pdf SAP BW - SAP XI Integration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9f2ad490-0201-0010-a1bd-81d072f3... -- In this document check out the section of Distribution of BW Data to other systems using BW’s Open Hub and XI

XI - BW

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

/people/sergio.locatelli2/blog/2006/10/15/integration-sap-bi-and-xi-a-critical-point-of-view

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/08/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode1

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/14/sap-netweavercomplete-information-integration-platform

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/14/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode2

/people/lori.vanourek/blog/2004/11/07/introducing-the-sap-netweaver-discussion-forum-integration-with-mysap-erp-2004

/people/martin.vierling/blog/2005/05/18/integrating-to-sap-solutions--test-system-opportunities-for-independent-software-vendors

/people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/17/obituary-for-sap-netweaver-components-2003-150-2005

Thnx

Chirag