cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 3rd party Sales & Intercompany sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you tell me the difference between 3rd party Sales & Intercompany sales ?

Also plz tell me their Configuration.

Rajarshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In third Party :---

Customer Orders the goods to company x -company x create a PO against sales order and give it to his vendor -> Vendor manufacture the goods and supply directly to Customer of Comapny X .

Then after getting confirmation from Customer -> company X Invoice the customer and vendor Bills company X.

In Intercompany Sales

This is a sale between Company Code . Customer order to sales org X belongs to Comapny A which in turn place order with plant belongs to sales org. Y . Then Sales org X bill its customer and Sales org Y create Intercompany Invoice to Bill Sales Org X. These Intercompany Invoices has different Pricing Procedure with greated discounts .

For Third Party use below link

For intercomapny Sales see details

An Intercompany sale transaction takes place when a sale occurs & the selling sales organisation belongs to a different company code than that of the delivery plant.

Intercompany business processing describes business transactions, which take place between two companies (company codes) belonging to one organization. The ordering company orders goods from a plant, which is assigned to another company code.

Ordering company Supplying company

Company code: 5555 1000

Sale Organization: 5555 PBIL

Distribution channel: 56 PW

Division: 58 GC

Plant: 5555 1000

Customer: 215 Product: Nimsulied

• Ent Stru- Assignment- SD- Assignment- SD- Assign Sales Organization: Distribution Channel- Plant

Sales Organization Distribution Channel Plant

PBIL PW 1000/ 5555

5555 56 5555/ 1000

• SPRO- IMG- SD- Billing- Intercompany Billing:

o Define Order types for Intercompany billing

o Assign organizational units by plant

o Define internal customer no by sales organization

• Assign Sales Doc relevant for Intercompany billing

o PORIV

o ORIV

• Assign Organizational Units by plant: assign sales area of ordering company to the delivery plant.

o 1000 5555 – 56- 58

Plant Descp Sales Organisation Descp Distribution Descp Division Descp

1000 5555 56 55

• Define internal customer no by sales orgn: create the customer of the ordering company in the company code of the delivering plant, but with the sales area of the ordering the company

Sales Orgn Descp Customer Inter Comp Descp

PBIL 215

• Pricing procedure: PI01 (Intercompany pricing)

• Determination Rule: OVKK

PBIL PW GC A 1 RVAA01

PBIL PW GC I 1 ICAA01

• VK11: PI01

• Create Order: VA01: POR: 5555-56-58: customer- 215, product- Nimulid, supplying plant: 1000.

• Delivery

• Goods issue

• Invoice for customer

• Invoice Intercompany billing

Hope this help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in third party sales the goods are delivered by the vendor directly to the end customer and the vendor sends the invoice to us and finally we will invoice to the end customer.

in inter company sales the sales is between the company codes.

in intercompany there is no purchase requisition . and the material has to be maintained in two plants i.e both the ordereing and supplying company plants.

and also there should be a intercompany customer i.e ordering company in the supplying company