cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Message Handling with Receiver File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were using the "Empty-Message-Handling" (status set to Ignore) of Receiver file adapter to stop a 0 KB file from being written to the specified directory.

However, inspite of this, a 0KB file continues to be written.

The specifications are given below-

File Construction Mode - Add Time Stamp

Put File - Directly

Empty Message Handling - Ignore

Maximum Concurrency - 1

File Type - Binary

Can anyone please help with this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiladitya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In one of thread the same problem was coming. Just look at the thread.

Or

Follow the weblog for the same requirement.

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/13/stop-creation-of-an-empty-file-from-file-adapter-using-module

Thnx

Chirag

Reward points if it helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have never tried this option and am currently on a very old XI sever [Sp16 ] , but my question here is , how would the output of your graphical mapping be a Zeo Bytes File / Data? The output XML has to have the root node and hence maybe the message is no longer considered as Zero Bytes.

Can you try this option with Content Conversion and make sure tha Content Conversion Creates no output and try if File adapter creates the file? I think this is what the functionality is actually meant to do , i.e, it would only work with Content Conversion [empty files]

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the update. I did use this option with content conversion but a 0 byte file continues to be written in the directory.

When I check in sxmb_moni, I found the output xml to be empty(no root tag).

However, I have solved this problem using BPM.

Regards,

Shiladitya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you explain how you handled this.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As "Empty File Handling" wasn't doing the trick, I used a BPM to stop the file itself being created. The files were being created if MESTYP corresponded to certain values. In the BPM, used a switch case to create files only if these particular values were present, and in the otherwise branch used a "cancel" step.

Regards,

Shiladitya