cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I am sending a material with serial no(equipment) to vendor for repair.After seeing this material by vendor he decided that the material is not suitable for repair.Then i am taking the material back from vendor.i observed the following things when i done in sap.

1. Dismantling from functional location-OK.

2.MIGO-Goods receipt against other movement type-202

a)Any serial number which doesnot exist in master record is taking.If i give, system is creating the new serial number with equipment

b)Any serial number which is having the status AVLB in the equipment status is also taking.

c)Only warning message is giving, if i give the serial numbers having the status INST.

3.MB1B -541 Movement type (to vendor)

a) Same as above three observations.

4.MB1B-542 Movement type (From vendor)

a) Same as aobve three observations.

5.MIGO-Goods issue against other.Movement type-201

a) Any serial no if i give , it is taking thereby creating the master.

b)If i give serial no which is having the status INST , after the completion of the transaction the equipment status changes into "AVLB INST".

Ultimately, if i specify the serial number say "X" which is going to be sent out should allow the same serial number ("X") for subsequent transactions mentioned above.

Plz help as how to ago about.

Regards,

Suresh babu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear suresh,

please give a result for this issue

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Suresh, Ayu,

First, let's clear up the system status issues: The relevant mutually exclusive system status pair AVLB/INST signifies whether the Equipment is installed in a technical object structure, and not if it's held in stock. It is the status ESTO which indicates that the Equipment is held in stock (and therefore the serialized material for it should also be in stock)

Hence it is to be expected that you can Goods Receipt an AVLB Equipment into stock.

Let's move to the other issue - In MIGO, you have to specify the correct Serial Number for the movement. However, if you do not specify a number, or specify a non-existent number, the system might create a new Serial Number for your movement - this depends on whether you allowed automatic serial number assignment in your serialization procedure IIRC, and if you have an external number range defined.

To prevent this, you can set the Stock Check indicator in the Serial Number profile to "Error" instead of "Warning".