cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM 5.0 Certified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I appeared and cleared the SAP SCM 5.0 certification exam. I would like to thank all of you who helped me in this. This forum answered a lot of my questions through the past 5 months.

I will go straight to what you guys want to know about the exam.

1. Revise the manuals several times over, do not count how many times you read them.

2. Be clear conceptually. Whatever you know , know it through and through, and I would suggest, try to know everything possible.

3. Do not bank on the manuals alone, even if you have the latest manuals printed, I had 3 year old manuals. You have to read help.sap and sdn forums as much as possible. Read the entire help.sap it will make the concepts stronger.

4. For example,If you are studying a Planning Area , then you have to know where how and when it is used, and also where how and when it cannot be used, things like that.

5. You will realize when your revisions are enough when you will be able to see the entire system, DP, SNP PPDS and CIF as a whole and visualise how everything is connected when you are sipping a nice cup of tea and watching television

6. Take the date somewhere around 2- 3 months in advance on the safer side.

7. Keep faith and confidence during the exam. You have to read the questions very very carefully and slowly to understand them exactly.

8. Most questions are explicit multiple choice. You will be made to answer if the options are right or wrong for the given statement, each right answer carries points.

9. They made me wait 2 weeks for the result. So do not pressurize yourself before the exam fretting about the result.

All the best guys

Thanks a lot

Edited by: Amit on Jan 1, 2008 7:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

First of all congrats !!! Just read your post regarding scm certification.

Even i am planning to do certification in scm. But i am quite confused as i am not aware of the process.

Can you please tell me. what is the minimum requirement for this certification?

Is it possible to do certification in DP & SNP alone?

What is your Idea? What is the market demand for SCM?

regards,

Jak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jak,

It is no longer possible to get certified in DP and SNP alone , as they have removed that exam from the list. I am not sure if they will have that exam again in the future. It looks unlikely.

There is no requirement to appear for the certification. All you need is a Drivers lisence or a valid state id since you are appearing for it in the USA.

As for the market is concerned, I think it is pretty good for DP and SNP, PPDS I am not quite sure.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for your reply. So you mean SCM 5.0 certification includes DP , SNP & PPDS.

Well amit can you pls forward me the links in sdn or service market place where i can find certification stuffs.

looking for your reply

regards,

Jak