cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy master data from active model to inactive model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do I copy Master Data from Active Model (000) to a newly created inactive model (say Test). Is there any transaction or report available for this?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use Copy Version Management - transaction /SAPAPO/VERCOP selecting only Copy Master Data option. Please note model by itself is nothing - it has to have at least one version. Most Master Data is Planning Version specific except a few (like Transportation Lane) that is Model-specific (all Planning Versions of the model have the same Transportation Lane).

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnah,

Thanks for urgent reply. I tried using /SAPAPO/VERCOP, but is says 'Version XXXX already exists'. My issue is that I have already created a version in different model & it already has some master data. I just want to pass the inremental master data from Model 000 - version 000 to my existing version XXX in model YYY.

Can you pl. help me in this regards ?

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Incremental master data from one model to another (model / version combo) is not possible.

Any master or transaction data copy is complete (all or none) copy.

Take a look at SAP Note 519014 and 568671 for more information.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPP has a transaction /sapapo/vm_spp which does a little bit of masterdata merging. Cant see why this will not work for a non-SPP application. (The system also only merges the version-dependent attributes for these master data objects)

check the help here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/49/693d41d19bf623e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

That's a good finding. It says you can transfer location product details to active planning version from inactive planning version instead of the whole master data in the version. I wonder how it works with others apart form SPP.

Thanks.