Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Forward TR option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to block the Transport Request FORWARD option for a specific user.

We have 5 systems in Transport domain(same landscape).

He will be import the request but not able to forward this to other system(

He will be able to perform

New Dev->New QAS(automatically gets fwdwd)

But he shud not be able to fwd this to othar e3 servers,

I have tried to create a role and restricted S_CTS_ADMI object but no result.

Tell me how to do this.

Regards,

Mofizur

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur,

This may not be an instance where you can prevent the forwarding of requests using specific authorizations. When a transport is imported, it is automatically added to the import queue of the next server in the transport routes (of course this depends on the setup of the transport system). So eliminating this would require changes to the transport routes in STMS and would be a universal setting.

A better route may be to setup or use the QA worklists (QA approval queue) which can be setup so only specific accounts and approve transports to the next layer in the tranport system.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have tried to create a role and restricted S_CTS_ADMI object but no result.

Have you activated the Management QA Approval and "restricted S_CTS_ADMI" infavour of S_TRANSPRT?

Is it an option for you to use different clients in QAS to achieve this?

"Normally", each PRD should have a QAS (so that you can test...), unless you are sure that the target systems are identical and the only differences are client dependent customizing transports where the target system / client has it's own client in QAS?

Is that how you are set up? Or should this person only transport to a "virtual" system?

Cheers,

Julius