cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC not working after XI System Crach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yesterday we had a serious system crach on our SAP XI system.

After the crach we restarted the SMICM and the J2EE stuff.

And I had to fix the SMQ2 Queues....by deleting the first entry in all queues.....is there a better way ?

In one of our mappings we have a database lookup using a Communicatin Channel.

This Communication channel is configured to JDBC conn to a SQL Server.

This Communication Channel is no longer working: Following Error message:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://KOXXXX:1433;DataBaseName=KomBiz' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://KOXXX:1433;DataBaseName=KomBiz': SQLException: MicrosoftSQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBCError establishing socket.'

Any pointer what will be needed to restart in order to get this working ?

Regards

Martin Andersson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You have to check username and password used in adapter to connect to DB and check the connection between XI and DB in Visual administrator...if everything ok try to restrat the J2EE engine it may solve the problem....

i am also connecting Oracle DB through Stoted procedure ....if i have any problem s i do stop and start the CC if not i follow the things i mnetioned above..it solve the problem most of the time..

Regards

Rao

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Thanks for all pointers

The URL JDBC connection in CC was wrong...

Some weeks ago, we moved all integrations servers to a Fully Q Domain.

Sooo...after the crach all BIOS setttings ++ were updated...

The TEST servers are still working with the OLD WRONG SETTING

(Need to restart it as well...)

//MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>JDBCError establishing socket

You get this error cause XI is unable to connect to the target db.

Once the target db is up, either a restart of the communiation channel (changing the status to inactive and then back to active again) or Stop and Start in RWB will solve the issue.

To do this operation automatically, you can select the option "Advanced mode" in the communication channel and then select the option "Disconnect from Database after processing Each Message".

If you set this option, you no more have to do the step I mentionied in the first 2 lines.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I am getting the same problem ..and again and again we have to restart the J2EE engine...if i use advance mode is this effects on performance of XI ..as i am recieving message for every 60 seconds..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

We are using this setting in our environment and the polling interval for some adapters are 1 sec. We have not seen abig performance lag. How ever I recommend you test this setting (with huge load) in Dev environment before moving to Prod.

And

>>we have to restart the J2EE engine

Even if you dont have the above setting, you dont need to do this. All you have to do is Stop and start the communication channel in Communiaction Channel Monitoring(RWB).

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possible solutions are:

1. Check the firewall settings at receiver end.

2. Drivers must have been installed before establising the connection with Database.

3. Table Name of database shuld be exactly same which you are going to use in ID.

4. User Name & password should be correct.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other asapter are working fine?

Also check the stpes for the deployment of the JDBC driver in J2EE Engine.

Check the URL of the JDBC adapter and activate tha adapter again. The problem is not with the JDBC adapter it is with the Connection of JDBC and the drivers that need to be deploy in J2EE Engine.

Also if possible then restart the Operting System(if possible) and then start your XI server. But I think it will be good if at this monment u will look on the setting of the deployed drivers. For the safe side do also check other adapter also:)

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just wanted to confirm have u installed the HDBC drivers.

Thnx

Chirag