Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the User licenses for creating the new user ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Want to creat the 5 new user ids in production client, but the issue is client requires the new names for the alredy exsting user ids with the same authorizations and roles.

For this i am going to creat a new user ids and assign the same role and profiles and lock the existing ones. But creating new ids in production client i required to know the LICENSE details.

Please any one suggest me how to find out the required LICENSE'S are availble are not.what is the process to know the LICENSE details, is there any related sap notes to understand the LICENSE information.

Regards,

Reddy V

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

The License values for the users can be found in table USR06.

For explanation of how to use you must contact the SAP contractholder in your company, as what licenses to apply and how can be different fin every contract!

0 Kudos

Hi Auke Visser,

I would like to create new 5 user id's with the existing 5 user ids with the same authorizations,but I don't rename the existing user id's.

For this issue the old user id's can be locked and i would like to know the impact of the user licenses and these old user id licenses can be consider or not.

Please let me know your suggestions on the same.

Regards,

Reddy V

0 Kudos

In that case you must contact your SAP contract holder, as in the contract it is written down how licence fees are determined. Normally i would say that you must do the following things for the OLD UID's:

1 lock the uid

2 change licence type (I think it should be something like 9 or 99).

3 take away all roles form these uid's

4 delimit the validity date on today.

5 change usergroup to a specail group like not valid or something similar (but clear for every user admin what is the meaning).

and inform your SAP contract holder what has been done so it can be left out in the next usercount.

0 Kudos

first: locking users will not free them from being valid for license-auditing, see here for more:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4e/c34d40e2b32571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm (bottom of page).

second: i do not understand, what you are attempting to do - you need to create 5 new users in the same system the same client with the same authoriazations ... what for? what's wrong with the original 5?

0 Kudos

You should use the licence type to have the obsolete users not taken into account, but that was already noted in one of the previous answers.

All the other steps are only there for useadmin not to make a mistake so an old user could be able to logon again.

0 Kudos

Mylene

a few pennies more from my part, it is sometimes the only way to come across inexplicable errors.

I have seen it happen: several times a user is not able to perform certain tasks, while other users with exactly the same access can do it. However when creating a full copy of the OLD id it can be dome, but the old id just cannot. In such cases the step we took were:

1. Copy the old id to a new id

2. Delete the old id

3. Copy the new id to a new user with the old name.

4. Delete the new id.

In some situations this solved the problems in some it did not