Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Addition of Tcodes in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add a 1000 number of tcodes to craete a new role.

So i have saved the codes in a .txt file and when I am trying to "Import From FIles" option thru PFCG I am getting below error::

"The file does not contain any valid data".

So what is the correct format for uploading.I have gone thru note 389675 but didn't get it.

Please help me.

Regards,

Mofizur

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

uploads should be done in Excel format or in CSV format (saved form Excel).

But 1000 trx in a single role?? are you serious about that??? Would suggest to relook at the design as this is going to be an impossible role tp maintian later.

0 Kudos

I gave this number just for refreence.Any way I have saved the tcodes in excel sheet and then tried but the result is same.Can u just tell me the process.

Regards,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

go to save as and then select CSV

Besides do not forget to close the file before upload

Edited by: Auke Visser on Dec 31, 2007 12:24 PM

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were you succesfull in uploading the example file that's attached to note 389675?

If that works, but your own upload doesn't please post a few lines of your own file so we can check the consistency. A quick read through the note reveals that it's fixed record length data so a text file should do.

0 Kudos

I have just written some tcodes.I looks like as::

SU53

STMS

SE01

and saved it as txt file(testing purpose).

0 Kudos

That's not going to work, SAP expects a database file, fixed record length, with more info than just the t-code.

Have a look at the example text file attached to said SAP note.

Looks as if SAP needs at least:

A node number

Hierarchical info (menu level)

Transaction code

Transaction code text (description) in at least one languae.

Your best go will be to upload the example file and compare the original text with the results in PFCG. From there you can try to create an upload file for transactions at the top level of the menu. It doesn't look like there's a shortcut available through this route. The upload functionality seems to be primarily designed for uploading menu structures rather than transaction codes.

If the menu structure is of no importance to you I suggest you to look at ECATT for mass addition of transactions to roles.

HTH

Jurjen

PS This is what an uploadfile for your three tr. should look like for English and German, without menu structure (tested on NW2004):

FORMAT 1.2B

NODE 000020000100001TRANSACTION SU53

TEXT 00002ENEvaluate Authorization Check

TEXT 00002DEAuswertung der Berechtigungspüfung

NODE 000030000100002TRANSACTION STMS

TEXT 00003ENTransport Management System

TEXT 00003DETransport Management System

NODE 000040000100003TRANSACTION SE01

TEXT 00004ENTransport Organizer (Extended)

TEXT 00004DETransport Organizer (Erw. Sicht)

Do pls mind that your webbrowser will not display the needed extra spacing in the lines. Have a look at the note for exact requirements.

Edited by: J. Heeck on Dec 31, 2007 2:42 PM