cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts on JDBC & FIle

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. IN A DATABASE -> IDOC scenario,

if a reverse scenario, when ever an idoc is triggered it gets updated automatically into DB because of the ALE settings we do. But when DB-> r/3, how does this automation takes place. i mean.. when ever a new records come into DB, does idocs get created automatically?

2. in a file -> idoc or DB scenario,

my file data is holding both header data and item data. how can we identify which row is header data and which is item data?

3. i am doing and idoc to DB scenario.

in sxmb_moni, i am getting strange message from trace of XML message "Async barrier reached. Bye-bye !".

i have checkd my complete config and its right.

i also tested my mapping with the payload and its working fine.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clues plz

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. you can poll the database table upon a field which holds the status i.e. if particular record is read, change the status to 'false' and poll database @ intervals.

or you can use trigger/stored procedure in the database to wake up on insert/update event.

2. You can specify it in the File CC Parameters(use fixed length). you can use key field value for different fields. see the blog for sender File Adapter

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

3. see the cache status SXI_CACHE. it may be problem with queue overloading.

thanks

nikhil

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 1>>

It is not required to create IDOC for each record it comes to R/3. DB can be updated thru IDOC, RFC, or plain Program with ABAP Statments. IDOC is one of the way in to update/process the records.

For 2>>

Identification of Header and line items is based on the file structure, So Structure, or Schema of a file is very important so that you can tranfer the source data into Target Structure based on the Business Mapping Rules

For 3>>

Check out the JDBC Adapter Configuration,Check the RWB, Message Monitoring and Communication Channel Monitoring

Probably problem with Configuration

Hope this helps,

Rgds, Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

for 1:

am worried about DB to R/3. suppose a new record is updated manually into DB, then how is this ercord updated into r/3?

for 2:

if there is an indicator say H- for header, I-Item data and F- for some footer in the file that I receive. how can I handle this.

for 3:

I checked chache, monitoring and all. even from sxmb_moni, i have a chequered flag. then y r the records not being updated into DB.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kiran!!

1. If you want to update R/3 upon Manual Database record change, you have to configure it in the Database side itself. You can engage a trigger for the particular event(INSERT/UPDATE) to reflect the change in the R/3.

2. Specify key filed values for header, item and for footer

i.e. in the recordset structure: header,<occ>, item,<occ>,footer,<occ> //occurrence.

in the CC Table:

header.keyFieldValue 'H'

and put values for item and footer accordingly.

3. check in the adapter monitoring (RWB) if there is any violation in database

thanks n regards

nikhil

**reward if helpful

Happy 2008