cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serch records with remote system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to search records for a particular remote system for that using class RetrieveRecordsByRemoteKeyCommand but in this class I am not able to perform field text search any one has done this before?

In simple words I want to do search on remote system and also on field values how can I do both at a time.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create an instance of a key u can go through the link below

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/current/com/sap/mdm/data/KeyMapping.html

reward points if helpful.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I know this java doc the problem is KeyMapping is not a class it's a interface and I am not able to Instanciate it that is the problem so if you can help me in how can we create a new key mapping it will be great.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as about u last post - there is a Class

KeyMappingFactory

with some static methods for creating.

I'm starting to learn work with KeyMapping in Java API so i don't use that Class yet, but i believe i make it clear for myself.

We can learn it together

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having the same requirement. If you have found the solution can you please let me also know.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I tried to use this class but in this class it require to set KeyMapping which I am not able to create new KeyMapping instance in Java API with the combination of Remote system and my key that is material number (in my case) can you tell me how to create a new Key Mapping instance?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to me:any logical system that can supply data to or receive data from MDM is known as a remote system.

MDM can import data from remote systems and create or update master data objects using that data. Master data objects include main table records, subtable records / lookup values, and text attribute text values.

When data is changed in a remote system, the changes can be imported into MDM. Using previously created structural and key mappings, in conjunction with dynamically reconfigurable transformations and mappings, the data is applied to the master data objects. All changes to master data objects are tracked.

This URL provids in fo about key mapping tht will help you to search table/records

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e08001420c02d5e10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

Rgds,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krutarth,

Thanks a lot for your reply but I think you have misunderstood my question I know what is remote system n all I want to fetch a particular records based on a remote system.

e.g. if material number is a remote key I want to fetch a record for particular material number for a particular remote system through Java API. how can I search that through Java API.

Thanks