Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open Integration Engine Meesage montoring

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am not able to open Integration Engine in XI production server for monitoring! When i select Integration Engine and enter, its comming as "QUERRY BEING PROCESSED " and thats all hangs! please help ! why this is happenening?

and i am able to do Adapter Monitoring Perfectly!

Thanks in Advance !

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably all the services in the SICF transaction was not activated.

go to SICF and activate all the services ie ../sap/bc/xi and ../sap/bc/icf and ../sap/public

Hope you are able to see the RWB>Message Monitoring>Adapter Engine etc

Rgds, Moorthy

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna Moorthi,

Yes i am able to do Adapter Engine Monitoring via RWB->Message Monitoring->Adapter Engine Monitoring...!

But i am not able to do * integration Engine Monitoring *.

Is the solution u mentioned is correct? because i have to suggest this to the basis team (production server) .

If the solution is correct what is SICF transaction does? Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Krishnamoorthi,

I checked the SICF services as u told all are * ACTIVATED * before itself.

My problem is that i can go into Integration engine but when i click START its comming as " QUERY BEING PROCESSED " thats all its taking very very very long time. so i just close the browser and restart..! and again the same problem comes when i try to do Integration Engine Monitoring.

NOTE :I can perfectly do Adapter Engine Monitoring and all.

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 2, 2008 2:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Are you trying to ..RWB->Message Monitoring- Messages from Component Integration Engine?

Try RWB->Component Monitoring Click on Integration Engine and check the status. What do you see?

How long do you see the Query Being Processed message?

Select the Filter Criteria as Last Hour and see what happens.

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

I tried RWB->Component Monitoring Click on Integration Engine the symbole is a yellow triangle !

What does this yellow triangle mean?

And for u second question the querry being processed msg is comming for more than 60 min so i just close the browser. and i am checking for msg for last hour only.

Please advice what to do.

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 2, 2008 6:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Yellow triangle is okay..

Try this and see if it takes the same amount of time..

RWB->Message Monitoring- Messages from Component Integration Server From Database.

Also when you click on the Start button for Both Integration Engine & Adapter Engine. Notice the link which you get in the bottom of IE Status bar. Are both the links same?

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit/All,

I tried RWB->Message Monitoring- Messages from Component Integration Server From Database

It is getting the same problem querry being Processed and status is not changing.

and also i checked he bottom of the IE.

for Integration server and integration engine its comming as java script void(0); and hangs there it self.

But for Adapter Monitoring its comming java script void(0); but goes off immedialty and the processed msg appears.

in Adapter Monitoring and IS and Integration Monitoring first its comming as waiting for <server name> after that java script void(0); and only for adapter Engin it (java script void(0);) disappears and msg's r displayed.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

restart the Adapter engine , may solve your problem. Try it.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aashish,

Please tell me can we restart RWB or ADAPTER engine seperatly without affecting the message flow? and if yes how to do it?

Restarting is the Last option we have to consider, since all is happining in PRODUCTION SERVER.

all message flow everything is fine and perfect,

So need solution to rectify the problem without restarting the Adapter Engine.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to restart the J2ee AE using the TCode SMICM. and the soft reboot to J2ee engine. for that period of time(ie till up time) your RWB will b unavailable.

Aashish

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aashish,

Why do u want me to restart the Adapter Engine when its working fine ?

I have problem opening Integration server and Integration Enging in message Monitoring as above in the thread mentioned.

ADAPTER ENGINE monitoring is working for me in message monitoring!

question:

1) how restarting j2ee engine of AE will solve the problem in IS or Integrration Engine ?

2)when we do j2ee engine restart weather that will affect the message flow?

3) what about IB,IR,ID when rwb restart is done?

4)Need to analyse the possible downfalls that will occure during AE restart!

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selvaraj,

I guess u have putted ur question here to take suggestions. if anybody is giving you some suggestion, take it in positive way.

First thing, Did you tried all other solutions provided by others in this thread. The ans is Yes you may be. Did it solved your problem? The ans is No.

Second thing : Did you tried to solve this problem ? The ans may be yes you tried. Did the solution worked for you? The ans is NO.

Now, anybody is giving you some suggestion don't contradict with harsh language. try to ask it politely. If no , nobody will ans you.

I am suggesting you to restart the J2ee Adapter Engine because i thought that it will solve your problem. The second thing, if you don't know what is the use of RWB and how it is related with IB, ID and other things, better have a look in TBITs.

I have also 1 better option for you, restart XI.

See, i can imagine that you or anyone else are putting the question here and talking only in respect with Production Server, if anyone else talking about some other server they give the details but by default it is PS.

>>>>> 1) how restarting j2ee engine of AE will solve the problem in IS or Integrration Engine ? I guess i have already given lots of gyan here why i am asking to restart.

>>>>>>2)when we do j2ee engine restart weather that will affect the message flow?

I'll ans you with the question. What is inside RWB? Just think and corelate this with your IB and CC's n other possible thing you will get ans. So bit of thinking will giv u ans.

>>>>>>3) what about IB,IR,ID when rwb restart is done?

There will be some queue blocks and other things in SMQ2 and SMQ1 and also you can check all this in after RWB is up using MM -> messages in waiting or some other option s and then restart it. All these ans you can get urself.

And i don't think anybody will bother to give these minute details to u.

>>>>>>4)Need to analyse the possible downfalls that will occure during AE restart!

I guess i already given it with the ans of 3.

Whatever work done by J2ee adapter engine, will be stopped. ie the only possible downfall.

Hope you will understand. Also if you get any other solution put it here for others reference.

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Not sure if restarting AE/J2EE will solve your purpose or not.

Though i will not suggest you to do the same cause if it does you wont be able to figure out the reason for the same.

Are you facing the issue starting from Today or did it used to work earlier ? Or is this a new installation?

Anyway i believe your development/monitoring is not hampered to a big extent. Cause you can always monitor messages in IE using GUI.

So i think it would be better if you raise a OSS message.

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aashish,

I am very sorry aashish if in any way i hurted u...! that was not my intension. i am very new to XI and i am learning a lot from u r suggestions! i am trying all the thngs which u r telling in the forum...! i guess u have taken my words in a wrong TONE...! Beleive me it was not my intension. i just wanted to knw what will happen if we restart a AE j2ee engine thats all. thatz why i asked that question with a question mark! i really dont knw what will happen!

Bucause u see aashish as i have told this is happening in PRODUCTION SERVER!

Aashish biyya if i tell my team seniors to restart the AE j2ee engine i have to tell them why and what will happen if we do that ! so before telling them to do this i have to tell them the reason right> thats why i asked u these questions!

for the above soul purpose only i asked the question. Please dont mistake me.

Regards,

Prakash

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

This production server is running for last eight months. and i joined this team 1 1/2 months back only..! i found out this thing that IE and IS r not opening in the Message Monitoring! we talked with the basis team they said it is like that only from the starting(of production server).

So i guess this Problem of not able to open Integration server or integration Engine persists from starting.

NOTE: this production server was also restarted two weeks back because of some other reason.! still the problem persistes!

Please suggest!

Thanks in advance,

prakash.l

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Lets try this:

What are the filter settings:?

Start/End Date:

Maximum Number:

As you can understand, the relation we would be isolating as cause (with above inputs) is database access.

If the filter is causing large number of messages to be fetched, that can be culprit.

In that case, you try "Start" with different filter to decrease number of messages.

rgds,

Praveen

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

I tried that to Praveen before it self!

I kept start/end Date: Last Hour

Maximum Messages: 200

then also the same problem persists.

Please Advice.

Thanks in Advance

Prakash.

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunit,

Could u please tell me how to raise a OSS message?

Thanks in Advance

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Do you have the same issue in your development & QA server?

To raise OSS message ..

Go here -> https://service.sap.com/message.

You need to have a SAP Marketplace ID. If you are not aware of the same ask your basis team.

Secondly if you still have confusion in raising a message you can ask your basis team or anyone else.

It is not necessary that you should know the same.

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

thanks for u r valuable inputs i am going to check with basis team !

and sunit i dont have problem i metioned in development or testing servers.

this problem is comming only in production server.

Thanks

prakash

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 3, 2008 5:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Your problem seems to be quite unique .

Please update in the forum if and when you get a solution.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Check these out:

1. Do you face any issues when you attempt to monitor IE messages though ABAP stack (Tx: SXMB_MONI) ?

2. Check and share DB20 output for these tables (Enter table name and press Update Info):

SXMSPMAST

SXMSPEMAS

SXMSPERROR

SXMSPVERS

3. Try tracing activities (when "QUERY BEING PROCESSED" is running) through SM50 , ST04 (Detailed Anaysis Menu -> Oracle session), Java stack default trace file (if you have adequate access to OS or LogViewer tool) for more inputs on what is happening.

Understandably, pt. 3 is too vague. It merely is an attempt to pick any abnormalities in system and see if it can be related. So keep an eye and share info.

Also, check and share indexes detail on these four tables mentioned in pt. 2. through SE11. For example, if SXMSPMAST~MON exists properly.

rgds,

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen Kumar on Jan 3, 2008 10:20 AM

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Right now i am in Home i will update u tomm morning 6:15 am. i will let u knw the result tomm morning.

Regards,

prakash

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

For u r first question:

1) Do you face any issues when you attempt to monitor IE messages though ABAP stack (Tx: SXMB_MONI) ?

Answer: yes i am facing the same problem when i try to monitor via ABAP-Stack. (The messages r not Prossed, i have to close the gui and restart again.) its in PROCESSING STATE for long time.

for ur 2ed and 3ed question Praveen: I dont have access to those TCodes i am waitng for the Basis team to come to office so that i can ask them. will update u ASAP.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

>Answer: yes i am facing the same problem when i try to monitor via ABAP-Stack.

You mean you are not able to see the XML Messages?

But you said..

>This production server is running for last eight months. and i joined this team 1 1/2 months back only

If not then who and how was he monitoring the production server before you joined?

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

I am able to view the XML messages with payload via Adapter Engine.

But when i go to SXMB_MONI -> Monitoring -> Monitoring for processed XML messages->

1) yes sumit i am not able to monitor or view the xml messages via abap stack (Integration Engine) !

2) i came to knw that this problem is there from day 1 in the prd server. We were only doing Adapter Monitoring in the Production Server till now . we never were able to do IE monitoring it seems.

Thats why i am trying to solve this problem sumit.

Please Advice

Regards,

prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

>Still the problem persists and i am not able to access OSS from basis team

What do you mean by the above?

I believe apart from trying to solve the problem on your own you should also create a OSS message.

Regards,

Sumit

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

I am not autherised for OSS messages. i came to know that for getting access to that i need approval from many higher peoples.

i am working on that also. the process of approval is going on(getting Market Place ID or raisisng querry in OSS market place.) also i came to know that for each querry in OSS the company will be charged it seems.! so before that,if there is any solution, i want to try that sumit. and also sumit today i will be talking with basis people regarding raising OSS message .

Regards,

prakash

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 4, 2008 4:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

So i think from development till now no one has raise a OSS message which relates to XI?

>also i came to know that for each querry in OSS the company will be charged it seems

Where did you come to know of that? I dont think the licensing agreements are like that....

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I assume what you mean by

"Answer: yes i am facing the same problem when i try to monitor via ABAP-Stack. (The messages r not Prossed, i have to close the gui and restart again.) its in PROCESSING STATE for long time."

is that after entering search filters, the output is not delivered (GUI is 'frozen').

It will be highly useful to see SM50 output here (when SXMB_MONI search is running).

Lets have more inputs as mentioned before.

Also, unless SAP has offered customised support agreement to your organisation, I doubt there is any 'pay-per-message' licensing (can't say am a licensing expert though )

rgds,

Praveen

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

i wil update u as soon as i get access to those tcode ..! by tomm i will update you.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

What is the status of problem?

Given the unique nature of problem, I suggest sharing the root cause, resolution on this thread.

rgds,

Praveen

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

closing the message

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Still the problem persists and i am not able to access OSS from basis team. I am not autherised. So Anone help me insolving the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close the RWB and try to open the IE monitoring.

Also if u face the same problem, then restart the j2EE engine and then check the same.

How to restart the J2EE engine, Use the t-code SMICM then restart the J2EE Engine.

Thanks

Farooq.