cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a sample ABAp dynpro application and in the webdynpro application tab the URL comes as shown below

://:/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ydn1_select_options.

When I try to access this from the web I am getting page can not be displayed. Even in the strandard webdynpro applications the link is similar. Do we need to do any setting somehere.

Thanks

sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snakar rao,

Are you trying to access the page outside your office network? if so its not possible, the url ://:/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ydn1_select_options.

generated while creating the wd application is local to your network. if u want to access the page our side the network ie in www, you have to upload the page in a portal using EP.

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarath,

I am trying to access this from our office network only. I am wondering there is no host and port information in the URL. do we need to do the setting anywhere else, because the URL has been generated by the system automatically.

thanks

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sankar,

For that yopu have to configure a bit, You have to give a fully qualified domain name (FQDNe configuration level. Once this is maintained, the application will automatically genatate the url with port and domain name.

See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm

Better To Consult Your BASIS Team For this

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The ICM ws not running I have rstarted it and the problemis solved

Thakns for your help

thanks

sankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Are you getting 403 forbidden error? ... If we get 403 error for WD ABAP applications, then the services in SICF would be inactive. Goto transaction SICF navigate to approproate node like sap -> bc ... and activate the service for that node by right clicking on the node and select activate service.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I went to package SWDP_DEMO and selected one of the webdynpro application and right click "test" the webbrowser started and the error is "page can not be displayed".

I went to SICF and the path sap-bc-webdynpro and right click on one of the service there and test . The error says no host and port are defined.

Thanks

sankar